1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gear Issues

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mhitesh, Sep 30, 2012.

1. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I am finding the odd gears and the clutch pretty annoying since morning. When i try the 1,3,5 gear i feel that the gear shifts are n

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

I am finding the odd gears and the clutch pretty annoying since morning. When i try the 1,3,5 gear i feel that the gear shifts are not happening properly and are not smooth plus the clutch is also a bit hard
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How old is your car? Month and year of make, Kilometers done.

Is your clutch slave cylinder plastic or metallic one? Looks to be clutch slave cylinder issue.
  3. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Mar 2011 make, hardly been 18 months and used for 7k kms

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Not sure abt the clutch slave cylinder
  4. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have got an appt with Fortune Cars, Nerul tomorrow for the issue. Lets see what the outcome is
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    My car is going to Fortune Nerul today for a similar issue - all the gear's are hard to shift and sometimes the reverse gear engages with a grinding sound.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  6. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    i faced the same issue when i was on my way to TFI meet yesterday.. but it got solved after a few kilometers but still i dont think its completely back to normal :roll:
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    It happens in my car too. Sometimes it feels like the problem is solved and gears feel butter smooth but a day or so later the problem recur's. Last week the car was taken to Fortune and the problem miraculously disappeared as soon as the technicians checked the car! :A
  8. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    True story :evilsmile

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

True story :evilsmile
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i face the same issue...........
  10. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The Gears of my punto have become so hard that it feels impossible to shift to the odd gears. It was good that not all the gears were jammed..I somehow managed to drive 60Kms yesterday with the same.