1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thank you very much Patchyboy,Anoop and Ravi,those inputs were very usefull.
    Anoop,you are an encyclopedia,how come you knew so much about these things.I generally hear filmy songs of 90's and 80's with more focus on the the Tabela,with my priority being on bass and good clarity.
    About the two headphones,whose pictures were shared,I thought Boss had a huge earpiece,might give a feeling of the head being squeezed!!,the Koss headphone had a relatively friendlier build.
    I said,price was not the deciding factor,because I can procure it from Us or Dubai,where things are cheaper by atleast
    30%.I would not mind spending around 8k,if it could last for 3 or 4 years.It shouldn't be heavy on the head!!!,making me look like a VJ!
    Thanks guys,you were really helpful.

- - - Merged Post - - -

And any info on any Indian tablet-10 inch,one with a simslot,Micromax and Carbon sonic don't have a slim slot.But,having used a Galaxy tab,I doubt if other manufacturers can be as satisfying as Samsung,if not,have to buy one more Galaxy tab 10.1 with sim slot for use at work place.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bala, you sure that the price for Galaxy Tab 10.1 (16gb) in USA is $249? Do you have any idea of where it was bought?
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Ramjn,am very sure,the black friday price was 299USD and the Christamas price was 249 USD at BEST BUY.But I've heard that these are special prices at night when the roads are covered with 2 feet snow,when no one dares going to the shops,in the mornings I was told that the same cost more!!!!
    You,still in US???,have fun..

- - - Merged Post - - -

The Asus transformen 10 inch tablet costs even lesser,some 50 USD lesser and has a 8mp rear camera.was also bought for me,but was returned because buffering took a little longer than in the Sammy tablet.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Bala. Yeh. Still in US. I am on a search for a Tab. Confused between iPad and the Galaxy series. Let me see.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hmmm,but I prefer the 16:9 aspect ratio of the Galaxy tab and I don't encourage overpricing of any commodity like the Apple and Honda products!!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

@bala:
    Here are my recommendations:
    Since you do not indicate whether you want a headphone or an earphone, I am giving you few options in in-ear earphones which will not crush your head or will not make you look like a DJ.

Disclaimer: These are strictly my views. As in the case of cars, a test drive \ test listen is highly recommended before you plunge in your hard earned money.

Most of these needs careful burn-in and may not sound as expected right out of the box. A good IEM needs a good source – so, before you decide to get one of these, kindly make sure that the player will give a good output to the IEMs. Always use good source files (Preferably uncompressed formats like FLAC or 320 kbps if MP3 for the best results)

Below 1000 INR:
    Creative EP 630: This is one of the best VFM deal. At around 850 INR, nothing else comes close to it in that price range. The build quality is good, and the bass handling is nice too. No ear fatigue even during extended listening, slightly bass heavy sound signature. These are the best VFM earphones to buy, if you like tight bass and do not want to spend a lot of money.

Below 2000 INR:
    Tekfusion Twinwoofers – Tekfusion is a brand new player from India. The twinwoofers are not really lightweight, but not really heavy also (do keep in mind that they have twin woofers so they will be heavy than single woofer IEMs). The highs are clear and detailed, Mids are excellent, Bass is outstanding – Accurate, clear and smooth. IMO, they are second only to Klipsch S4-II, which costs much more. You can have them for 1,500 INR.
    Other worthy mentions: Sennheiser - CX 180, Meelectronics M6, Creative EP 660, Sound Magic PL30, Sound Magic E10.

Below 5000 INR:
    Klipsch Image S4II: One of my all-time favorite, they offer very clear and accurate highs, outstanding mids and excellent bass. If you are buying them, make sure you get Image S4-II, not S4. They retail at around 61 USD in Amazon.
    Other worthy mentions: Shure SE215, Sennheiser CX300B–II, Etymotic Research HF5.

Above 5000 INR:
    I am not qualified enough to give any opinion in this range :D
    These are some models my friends swear by: Klipsch x10, Yamaha EPH-100SL, Ultimate Ears 700, Phonak Audéo PFE 121. If you get any of them, do share a review.
    2 people like this.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks a lot Anoop,I really appreciate it,lot's of information surely.
    I think earphones would be comfortable,because they wouldn't hinder lying on bed while listening to music.
    Where are these available???,are they available in shops like E-Zone,reliance etc to have a demo?,are there any specific model,where in you can adjust the bass/treble levels??
    Ramjn,if you are buying a Galaxy tab,look for the one with sim slot,if you are confused in choosing between an Ipad and galaxy tab,there are a lot of comparision videos on youtube.Remember there no discounts or sale on any Apple products any where in the world,so you wouldn't get any major amount of price difference as you get in Samsung or Asus products,while shopping,go late at night,remember to keep the bill,because you can return the product even after using for a month if you are not satisfied!
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Bala: happy to be of help :)

You should be able to fine the EP630 easily and the Tekfusion with some difficulty, but I doubt the local availability of others. I have seen Klipsch S4 in a shop @ Meenakshi mall, bangalore, but I am not sure if it was S4 or S4-II.

Some of these are available from flipkart or other online resellers in India. Other than the Tekfusion, everything should be available on Amazon.

Edit: The Tekfusion Resellers- Tekfusion - Store Locator

EDIT II: I am not sure if we have any IEMs which comes with bass\treble adjustment (equaliser). If you really want a very fine control over the sound, you can try getting a good headphone amp.
  9. rags086

rags086 Timido

Bengaluru
    @anoop

Beats Audio are top notch too. I use a pair of Diddy Beats & sound quality is really awesome.
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Rags: I have not listened to Diddy beats, but if you are happy with what you have got, that is what really matters :)
    Just for curiosity sake, can you please let me know which headphones \ IEM are you comparing with diddybeats?

Generally, Bose and Moster (beats) tend to cater the upscale consumer, and tend to color the sound to make it rather pleasing than faithfully reproducing. I am not saying that this approach is bad - I have few friends who swear by this approach, and not everyone is an audiophile who wants the at most colorless faithful reproduction. I personally like a little bass heavy sound signature. There are many not so well known brands which cater to the audiophile spectrum - you will not see them in malls or will not see them advertised much. Again, I did say generally because at times, they do make some good products.

My sister has a beats by Dr.Dre in-ear earphones, but I personally found them inferior to the much cheaper Creative Ep 630 when it comes to sound and bass reproduction. But they do have more flaunt value, and looks nice.

EDIT: I'm not a Bose\Monster hater or fan. I am not a fan of any company, but I respect well made and well presented products which sound good, and I hate strong arm marketing or marketing spiel. Monster really suites some sound genere - especially the hip-hop and current\regular american music.