1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It looks a good deal, and especially the wifi feature which a travelling photographer might find great to sync to smartphone and upload for instant messaging. I mentioned about bokeh because I assumed that if you digged deep enough you could make out the fact that camera companies make special lenses without which you cannot get certain portrait shots or good depth of field out of the box. A part of the entire random nature of that post was to mention the fact that should one get more serious about photography the camera in hand (the body) could complement well for cheap yet good and expensive lenses both. The versatile nature of it.

All things apart, please enjoy the camera at hand at fullest, and you can take wonderful pictures with the same for general purpose photography. :)
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Bought a Samsung note 4 in the recent sale in flipkart for 30k.
    lesson learnt,do not buy just because there is a discount.
    I already had 2 old flagships,note 2 and LG gpro 2 and both of them were far better than this,especially the note 2 was a master piece.
    The super amoled quad HD screen is an eyesore,I turned off the amoled part.Music audio quality is no where in comparison to note 2.My new note 4 hung the very second day after purchase.The Samsung bloat ware with countless unnecessary apps is a pain.
    The only positive is it's camera,seems good.
    There may be further dicounts since the note 5 is out,but do not buy note 4.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala, I am not aware of what DAC goes in Note 4. If its a wolfson there is nothing better than a Vodoo app by Supercurio available at Play Store. Free and paid versions both as per your liking. Also consider investing in an headset amp/amp dac like Fiio or similar that can take usb input from phone.

EDIT:
    Viper4Android FX app should help you on note 4 and use Power-amp app for playing songs

Bala likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very nice suggestions Simpleson, I shall try and post the result.
    I think there is a quality difference in Indian made and Korean made Samsung mobiles, mine is a u.p made and even the box was dirty and ugly though unopened.
    one should look for Korean made Samsung or LG products before purchase. Thanks
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 29, 2016 ---
    Thanks for your suggestions on airconditioner guys,2 pages back..
    Bought a Godrej 1.5 ton 5 star a/c for 34 k from snapdeal.It was the cheapest copper condensor a/c drawing the least voltage i read in reviews.The unit is very quite,takes 10 min to cool 120 sq ft room.At 23 deg preset the room is too cold for comfort.I should have opted for 1.2 ton,1.5 ton is an overkill
    happy with the purchase.Buying an Indian product I arleast did not contribute to the devaluation of the rupee.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala here is the tricky bit, buying lower capacity can lead to lesser cooling. Which is what happens in tropical conditions. So while you may feel 1.2 tons could do it, a 1.5 has better cooling at slight more expense. It could most probably happen that you would then feel 1.2 was a mistake. You can control the temp at which compressor cuts off and achieve good savings without feeling chilly.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thats a goo idea,may be the temperature should be set above 23 to more comfortable levels.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    24 does it for Mumbai, and humdity accounted too. Any higher and you might end up consuming more without getting best cooling for unit of electricity.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Can anyone guide me as to how to download amazon prime video from my smart tv app store when it is not there.
    Is there anyother way to watch amazon prime other than screen casting,where the effects are not as good as watching it dircetly.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 16, 2017 ---
    How times have flown by !
    From the time this thread was started,7 years back,enquiring about guidelines to buy an led tv,I have bought 2 lg led tvs 5 years back and another 4k smart tv 10 days back,
    I have bought an Intex 55 incher 4k smart tv for 60.5k inr.
    I went to enquire the price of lg 55 770t where I got a quote for 1.3l,but was smitten by this beauty and was mesmerized,Iam a person who would not buy anything other than lg,but this intex tv changed me for the first time.
    This tv is stunning,4k upscaling of hd channels is so very beautiful that I wonder why I was sticking to my 5 year old lg led tvs,led technology is stone age in comparison.English movies look like paintings and tamil channels are too very crisp just like what you would see in a 4k display video in a showroom.
    The audio quality is again mesmerising,crisp and clear with a graphic equalizer.
    There is one big con,the rear is completely naked with only the panel standing tall unlike my lg tvs where it is covered by a plastic cabinet.
    People considering a purchase of a 4k tv should have a look at this tv.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    gpunto75 likes this.
  9. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Bala
    Any recommendations for screen size 40 inches, budget 40k.
    How's the warranty on 4k intex Tv
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Warranty for intex is 3 years(full,not for just panel)
    For you,I will recommend an lg 4k tv,basic models retail for under 60k,its 43 inches and has a 2 year warranty and the best os,web os.
    For a budget of 40 k,search ebay.in,imported tvs with seller warranty retails for that price,plenty of samsung models available,genuine tvs,I've purchased mobile phones with seller warranty,no issues
    With manufacturer warranty you can pick a philips for that price in fk or amazon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2017 ---
    Which ever tv you buy check the back,if its covered like in all lg models and if the seller dupes you buy sending a display unit like what happened in my case,which i discovered and got it replaced with a new one.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2017 ---
    Or stretch your budget by 14k inr and buy a VU 55 4k for 54 k in fk,has good reviews.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    gpunto75 likes this.