1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It looks a good deal, and especially the wifi feature which a travelling photographer might find great to sync to smartphone and upload for instant messaging. I mentioned about bokeh because I assumed that if you digged deep enough you could make out the fact that camera companies make special lenses without which you cannot get certain portrait shots or good depth of field out of the box. A part of the entire random nature of that post was to mention the fact that should one get more serious about photography the camera in hand (the body) could complement well for cheap yet good and expensive lenses both. The versatile nature of it.

All things apart, please enjoy the camera at hand at fullest, and you can take wonderful pictures with the same for general purpose photography. :)
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Bought a Samsung note 4 in the recent sale in flipkart for 30k.
    lesson learnt,do not buy just because there is a discount.
    I already had 2 old flagships,note 2 and LG gpro 2 and both of them were far better than this,especially the note 2 was a master piece.
    The super amoled quad HD screen is an eyesore,I turned off the amoled part.Music audio quality is no where in comparison to note 2.My new note 4 hung the very second day after purchase.The Samsung bloat ware with countless unnecessary apps is a pain.
    The only positive is it's camera,seems good.
    There may be further dicounts since the note 5 is out,but do not buy note 4.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala, I am not aware of what DAC goes in Note 4. If its a wolfson there is nothing better than a Vodoo app by Supercurio available at Play Store. Free and paid versions both as per your liking. Also consider investing in an headset amp/amp dac like Fiio or similar that can take usb input from phone.

EDIT:
    Viper4Android FX app should help you on note 4 and use Power-amp app for playing songs

Bala likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very nice suggestions Simpleson, I shall try and post the result.
    I think there is a quality difference in Indian made and Korean made Samsung mobiles, mine is a u.p made and even the box was dirty and ugly though unopened.
    one should look for Korean made Samsung or LG products before purchase. Thanks
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 29, 2016 ---
    Thanks for your suggestions on airconditioner guys,2 pages back..
    Bought a Godrej 1.5 ton 5 star a/c for 34 k from snapdeal.It was the cheapest copper condensor a/c drawing the least voltage i read in reviews.The unit is very quite,takes 10 min to cool 120 sq ft room.At 23 deg preset the room is too cold for comfort.I should have opted for 1.2 ton,1.5 ton is an overkill
    happy with the purchase.Buying an Indian product I arleast did not contribute to the devaluation of the rupee.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala here is the tricky bit, buying lower capacity can lead to lesser cooling. Which is what happens in tropical conditions. So while you may feel 1.2 tons could do it, a 1.5 has better cooling at slight more expense. It could most probably happen that you would then feel 1.2 was a mistake. You can control the temp at which compressor cuts off and achieve good savings without feeling chilly.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thats a goo idea,may be the temperature should be set above 23 to more comfortable levels.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    24 does it for Mumbai, and humdity accounted too. Any higher and you might end up consuming more without getting best cooling for unit of electricity.