1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Buddy was it a portable one?? Or the one with the adapter?? I personally dont prefer seagate drives whether internal or external,they **** to the core..I hav tonnes of experience with them.Instead go for WD...Internal got conked off exactly in 3yrs when there was more 2yrs of warranty left..Now im using the 1TB external seagate with adapter..Serving well till now *touchwood* I guess u got it at an ok price,need not worry.i got my 1TB external for 5200/- with 5yrs warranty from kuwait,some sale was goin on and this was in 2009 ::D
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Guys me too recently got a lappy ::D

Interl Core i5 m430 2.27ghz.
    4GB ddr3 ram.
    500gb sata HDD.
    Nvidia G105m graphics 512mb dedicated memory.
    Lightscribe DVD writer.
    Windows 7 home premium 64bit.

It's an HP DV6-2141ee.Dad picked this up from bahrain 4months bak and he got it on eid's sale for 340BD i.e INR 40k.
  3. guys need advice on an external hard disk preferably without the power cord.
    1tb or 1.5tb
    anything would do.
    and also the prices please
  4. mods merge this with my earlier post.

another doubt

i have a vaio laptop with windows 7(32bit) with me(it came with vista 32 bit). using reliance netconnect.
    help me start hosting a wifi connection using the laptop wifi card.
    like tether for android and iphones.

help me please
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Didn't I write that I bought an LG led 42 inches TV(le5300) 4 months back and that I was spellbound with the picture quality???,well,am still in awe of the TV,but I did notice that the electricity bill has gone up considerably and 2 hours a day usage of TV consumes as much electricity as an A/C would for 7 hours usage!,not that am complaining,we do not take ours eyes off the TV even for commercials,it's that good.Just thought that people should know about LED TVs.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

My Gadgets!!

LG 26Lx2r -2007
    LG 42LH60-2010 (Jazz theatre)

Hyundai Windows mobile 5.1-2007
    Lg Arena-2009
    Lg optimus 2x- 2011
    Samsung Metro 3310-2010

Portable HDD
    WD 500GB- 2008
    Iomega 250GB-2009

Acer Aspire 4736z-2009
    Dell studio 15-2010

7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Do I PHONE5 bought from the US(In english vinglish,a question is asked,why US is the US and India not the India??,why so??),work in India.16GB version costs only 199 USD,but is Iphone sold in unlocked version too in the US??.
    Please help with info.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Bala, $199 price is for a 2 year contract with AT&T, Verizon or Sprint. One will end up paying a minimum of $80/month based on the plan for 2 years. The phone will also be locked by the operator you choose.

Apple may soon launch unlocked version in US. The speculated price is $649 for the 16GB version.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

My gadgets..
    42 inches LG LED,bought for 44k
    32 inches LG LED,bought for 18 k(am an LG fan)
    SONY ERCISSON Xperia minipro bought for 7 k
    Philips hometheatre
    Onkyo home theatre
    Sony hifi system
    Samsung digital camera

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you Ramjin,you are a mobile encyclopedia,there isn't a thing you don't know!!,well read hmm???,are well browsed???!!!
    So,there isn't a possibility to get an I Phone from the US,well,gadgets costs only 1/3 rd the price as in India,especially during the times of thanks giving day,Christmas,etc,even more cheaper during midnight sales!!!,the same thing cost more when the sunrises!!!
  10. sungoa2010

Pardon my ignorance and laziness(for not googling). What is mean by unlocked version of Phone?