1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    One plus one invite for sharing.
    I have one international invite to share and less than 15 hours to utilize it.Anyone in need give me your mail id.
    After registering and waiting for an invite,I went ahead and bought an Lg gpro 2 and am happy with it.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Bought the recently launched MTS M BLAZE Homespot wifi (for which you see the advertisement on Tv, where in a baby refuses to come to a home with no Wifi :) ),for Rs.1,400, for which you get 10 gb 3g data free and from next month on, the prepaid 3g data would cost Rs.499 for 5 gb, which I thought is the cheapest in the market.
    It's a simple plug in device, which can be carried along, beleive it would connect even with our car's Usb port.
    Connectivity is very fast and the speed is better than the vsnl broadband, even with multiple devices at the same time.At my work place, though there was a problem getting connected in my room,when it was plugged in another room, my mobile picked up the signal and there is no problem henceforth.
    I also heard that Reliance has a 3g plan of unlimited usage for Rs.900 with it's cdma.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    If anyone is using Aircel then there is a great package for heavy 3G users.
    Its 453 for two months.The Package includes
    * 3 GB of 3G data.
    * 353 Rs talk time
    * 500 local and National SMS.
    Its available only in online recharge and this in Tamilnadu, not sure about other circles.
    Been using this package for myself and wife for almost an year.
    Per GB cost works out to be RS 33, which I would say is the cheapest one can get.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    A 41 year old person well known to me for more than 2 decades was diagnosed today with tongue cancer.
    He is a complete clean slate when it comes to habits and after breaking my head over the cause,the only reason I could see is wifi...
    He was in a wifi zone for 13 hours a day for more than 22 years and his house is located between two mobile towers.
    Though it could not be documented as the reason it is the only logical conclusion.
    So,guys
    1.keep your wifi switched off when not in use.
    2.switch off the mobile data when not in use,for example at night.
    3.Do not carry your mobile for long in your pockets.
    4.Buy a mobile after noting it's SAR value.
    5.I think keeping the mobile next to your pillow during sleep is also wrong.
    Please do add other suggestions which would be of use.
    asimpleson and Ganges like this.
  5. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    its scary, our entire company works on a product built over wifi :(
    so we always stay in wifi zone for more than 10 hrs a day :(
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Not only the tongue cancer,he was already suffering from azoospermia and even for that no other reasons can be fixed but the mobile radiation.
  7. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    A depiction of EM waves due to Cell towers and WiFi

Screenshot_2015-05-27-11-14-19~2.jpg
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Do Split Ac consume lesser power than a window Ac
    For example,do voltas 5 star split Ac consume lesser power than a 5star window Ac
    Iam told so ?!
    Is that worth the price difference?
  9. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Bala,

I am not sure on the power usage , however IMHO you should go for Split AC for the below reason. It is worth the investment.
    1) Window AC cause too much of noise, Split AC takes lot of noisy components away from your space.
    2) Aesthetic - they look better and neat.
    3) Ease of fitting - Involves drilling of a small hole, For window AC it will require alteration of changing window panes.
    4) If Window AC is removed somehow by thief, it lead direct access to your room.

So i prefer a Split AC. Window AC is very old, buy a Split ac if you can afford.
    Bala likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    From point of efficiency of cooling it is believed split acs are better by default. From purely power consumption point of view, the wattage that is consumed (also mentioned in specs) can be compared and max BTU for cooling area calculations. Buy a split ac that offers good quality copper pipings and has a bigger outdoor unit and more cooling fins. Generally a good salesman will guide you in the same. Apart from that the more intelligent the AC program the better for power savings.

Split has biggest advantage also of lower decibels of noise. Which is very good. And if you can get an ioniser and catechin filter unit you will feel very fresh and have added health benefits and a very clean room as you keep using the AC.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Bala likes this.