1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    i am using nvidia tegra K1 powered MiPad, it is awesome :)

Comes at 16K from China. i bought the 64GB version with all accessories at 19.2K :)
    just missing the stylus and GPS on this device, i was not looking for a 3G device anyway.
    asimpleson likes this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Acer iconia 8 inch windows tablet is on sale at Amazon.in for 9k,you may have a look at it .
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There is an 8" android version of this for about 7k, i think you are referring to windows one @ about 9.9 or 10K ?
    Acer Iconia One7 B1-730HD is a much better entry level non-3g tablet. Better specs at less than US$100.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yup,simpleson,i was referring to the 10k windows tablet you had mentioned,it is priced at 22k in other websites.
  5. Sagar Naik

Sagar Naik Timido

Bantwal,Mangalore,Karnataka
    Bantwal, Mangalore , Karnataka
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Anyone here happens to have unclaimed Oneplus One Amazon.in India Specific Invite please do share ;)
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    About OPO invite I can say what I did.
    Waited,participated in their silly contest,shared the silly photo of the mobile in my FB page,nothing happened,no invite came.
    Then I started questioning myself as to how OPO would be a good or a different buy when the cynogenmod is banned in OPO in India and there would be no updates from Cyanogen.
    So,after much thought and a little research,bought LG GPRO 2 from EBAY for 25 k.
    This mobile has as much customisation or even more than OPO,larger screen of 5.9 inches,better camera with optical image stabilisation,is sleeker and lighter,same 3gb ram,better full hd screen with no infamous yellow line of the OPO,almost an equally good Snapdragon 800 processor,larger chain of service centre and a gorgeous glistening titan black handset.
    The only con is that my handset has no manufacturer warranty since it's an import.For manufacturer warranty it would cost 5k more but is worth it,since it would be a Korean handset and not Chinese.
    So,these are my observations about OPO,it's gimmicky invite system and alternatives available.
    asimpleson and Sagar Naik like this.
  7. Sagar Naik

Sagar Naik Timido

Bantwal,Mangalore,Karnataka
    Bantwal, Mangalore , Karnataka
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i have kept Nexus 5 as an alternative.
    Another alternative is buying non invite OPO from Jadopado UAE through relatives which costs 3-4 k more than here.
    Will wait for 3 more days. Hoping ill get invite and can save time and some cash :D
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    My earlier note2 was giving me.numerous tortures:(
    It would hang atleast 4 times a day and i would have to open the flip cover and remove battery.It would give noises and sounds of a video website even after going back to the homepage,closing the site and switching off the mobile.
    So,I wanted to buy an oneplus one mobile,but the invite never came(fortunately!)
    After reading several reviews I went ahead and bought an LG.GPRO 2 for 25 k from ebay (imported one without manufacturer warranty)
    The phone is a beauty,titan black color with glistening bezzels,very sleek and slim for a 6 inch mobile,its the same size of my 5.5 inch note2 and much lighter.
    The screen is awesome with true and bright colours unlike the artificial colours of the super amoled screen of the note2
    The most endearing feature of the mobile is the extent and finesse of customization options available.There are innumerable launchers and homescreens with different icons and apps available for free.I got tired of counting but there should be atleast 200 variations possible.Sadly even lg did not advertise about this and even I came to know only after purchase.Even cynagen mod is available for free.
    For 3k more over the price of opo one gets a larger 6 inch screen for the same size of the mobile,user replaceable battery,ear phones in the packaging,larger service network and a better looking mobile.
    Cons:browser is not as quick as note2,I think it is because of the kitkat os since my hp slate 2 got slower once it got upgraded to kitkat where as both my note2 and tab2 have faster browser,both running on jelly bean.
    Music quality from earphones is not as good as note2,which was superb.
    So,people looking to buy a mobile in 25 k range and waiting for opo invites can have a look at lg gpro 2,which is available only online.
    Sad that LG never promoted this awesome piece of machine.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Can this be related to Bala's Breaking News about iphones in China or Hong kong.. :D
    http://www.rediff.com/news/report/t...-not-smuggle-94-iphones-in-china/20150113.htm
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol,i phones are not sold in China,as was told by my guide and they procure it from Hongkong.My sympathy towards people in China is that everything is twice expensive in hk,but they have no other choice but to procure from there.(Note2 was sold at 44k in hk when it was sold for 22k in India)
    I even more empathize with Chinese because they have a fetish and a life time wish of owning an iPhone inspite of having good home grown brands like Huawei and in addition it is hard to earn in China,my guide earns around 10k rs a month and has spent all his money on an iPhone.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 13, 2015 ---
    I also noticed a strange and dangerous habit of the Chinese.They keep looking and their mobile 24/7,so much so that in many zebra crossings in the road and at the entry point of escalators,statutory warnings are in place.
    Do not look at mobile while crossing road,
    Using escalators!
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    asimpleson likes this.