1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Simpleson,
    I have registered with Amazon /opo,I did post that answer and received an intimiation that I would receive an invite on 9th but that did not happen.I think opo has suspended sending invites to resolve the issue with cyanogen.
    If there was no cyanogen enen I would not buy opo.
    thanks.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    During Christmas sale all this invite stunt is kept aside for US markets. Customers have huge no. of deals to choose from. They cannot continue with this hype creation too long.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    True,Opo and Xiaomi have succeeded mainly because of their clever strategies which Oppo has failed to do.Intelligent companies with reasonably good mobiles.
    In India they could not do away with invite systems,there is a huge demand to meet.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Experts,

One of my relative is returning back from US and was thinking of getting a tablet for my son through them. Which tablet would prove to be cost effective buying from US. I can see a basic difference of Rs 7K between Indian and US prices. But then the tablets bought in US don't come with an international warranty and this would cost additional $50 which means the effective price difference comes down by another 3.5K. So is it worth getting a tab from US. The ones I am specifically interested are
    1) Samsung Tab 4 T531
    2) google Nexus 9 (but this doesn't come with 3G, only wifi)
    3) Ipad Air 2

Advice needed.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Girish go for Ipad Air 2
    ghodlur likes this.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur - My SamDUNG Galaxy Note fried spontaneously after 2 years of service. A phone costing 32k shall not fry like this in 2 years. My future devices will never be Samsung. Not because my device didn't last as I expected but mainly because I know many many people who have same experience with SamDUNG.

If I were in similar situation as you, I would have gone for iPad Air 2 for sure unless I do not want those hassles of iTunes et al.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Even I have the same experience with shamesung :(,never again a product of that company again.
    About the tablet purchase from US,it is left to you to believe me,APPLE products,i pads are cheaper in India than in US.I have been there seen that,have seen ipad air wifi plus 3g for 32.5 k in amazon.in
    Samsung tablets are cheaper in US,I too have procured one from US for 17 k less,you can check the prices in Amazon.com
    About warranty not applicable in India,I don't mind,products from abroad have a far superior quality compared to the made in India products even of the same manufacturer :(, I have experienced that.
    ghodlur likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I agree with @Bala, some difference in quality and better series is very often seen for products (components) for western markets. The latest and best is sold even in sale in those markets. I remember we bought a sony hifi from an importer years back from an importer in Mumbai. I got a UK market piece of Sony which sounded ultimate (at the time :)), but there was a problem with cassette player section, and we exchanged it for a (made for UAE model) Sony hifi which didn't sound that super good as the UK model even if the RMS (power) were more.

If you are getting from US see the best deal feature wise for Apple, @ghodlur . Most work flawlessly and you get regular updates too. If you are bent for Android device, go for a Tegra 3 or 4 based tablet. Even a Tegra 2 based tab is not too outdated IMO (gives that extra performance in most cpu and gpu intensive apps.)
    ghodlur likes this.
  9. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    why are you very keen on buying it from US. if you don't require 3G, why not wait for Nokia N1 :) ?
    asimpleson likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Eitherways the small portable 3g devices (routers?) make those more practical for multiple tabs/cells/PCs or laptops to be connected at a time via Wifi. Like the one below.
    51Zbtmvv6pL._SL1280_.jpg

or this --

$_58.JPG