1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Am very sure about this.
    I enquired my guide who had an iphone.He said he procured it from Honkong through a friend since it is not available in China (sadly his income is around 10 k a month and he would have spent all his savings)
    Yes, Apple has a huge market in China but only for the phone.
    So, what if it isn't available in China,it could be bought from Honkong or Macau which are anyways a part of China.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala, your visit is giving you and us unique insights and surprises. :D
    Dig deeper and unravel the truths behind these mysteries as you travel... :p
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Your guide may have misguided you.

"Apple, no doubt, is on the rise in China. Sales jumped 18% to over $15 billion in the first half of 2014, making China the tech giant’s fastest-growing region by far. With the China Mobile deal now in place, the iPhone is available from all of the country’s wireless carriers, giving Apple access to 1.3 billion potential customers. Cook expects it to eventually overtake the United States as Apple’s biggest market."

Source - http://time.com/3343006/iphone-6-apple-china/

Apple China site - http://www.apple.com/cn/
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Don't know Ramesh.
    That was what I was told and I too did not see IPhone being sold anywhere.May be online sales is a possibility but why would my guide buy it from Honkong 1500 kms away from Zhangzagie if it is available online
    IPhone is very widely used in China
    Google may sometimes lie :)
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No Bala. Apple does sell in China. But, the iPhone 6 was not launched in China on 19th September. But, it was launched in Hong Kong. iPhone 6 will be available in China too sometime later.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Is there a way to share pictures taken with a mobile, with this forum without using a computer(similar to sharing in whatsapp or viber).
    I wanted to share pictures taken during the China, Hong Kong,Macau trip.
    I do not know to use the computer.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is unbelievable.

Use the mobile version of TFI (from your web browser) and it will allow you to attach the pictures.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes, Ramesh, it is unbelievable but I take solace from the fact that most of my college mates do not even know to use a smart phone!,they still use feature phones.( these days they are learning to use smartphones, diagnosis and treatment is done via whatsapp)
    If we were that tech savvy why would we have to end up being a doc :)
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Bala, U sure belong to my gen when it comes to the use of smartphones and computers. TFI is also a tutoring site for the likes of us. Tremendous talent in the forum to guide anyone I guess. BTW you had mentioned that you wanted to post some pics. Bring it on. I am sure we will be able to see a lot of china, and you will take care to ensure that you will not be in the pic frames in keeping with your policy of anonymity on the virtual world :)))

Abdul
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Haha, Abdul,how well you read my mind!
    I will try and post pictures from my recent trip to China,lots of lessons to be learnt,at least I have learnt and turned to a better person, I.e., if I already was not one :)
    If I post my pictures in China people might become jealous:), you would only see pictures of Chinese women hugging me from all sides!, they run from somewhere to you asking permission to get clicked as if am Rajinikanth.I could not decline their request,we were supposedly the first Indian tourists in Zhangzagie,China and they have never seen Indians.
    There was this one beautiful Japanese girl who ran from somewhere to get me photographed with her, ditto her father, I only wished they took me along with them:), By the way every single person is beautiful in China.
    Am not completely anonymous,you know my name, place and profession, any autodriver can guide one to my place.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    asimpleson, jumu and ramjn like this.