1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,very practical,landline broadband with unlimited internet usage costs only Rs.1000 for 2 months,inclusive of talk time.
    So, Rs.500 a month on BSNL broadband should be the cheapest.
    I got it.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Missed you all guys,this new website is as gorgeous as the Fiat cars are, a bow to all the creators.Great!.

Now,gadgets. ..
    Thanks Simpleson and the other friend for your suggestions for my tab2 not getting connected to the wifi.
    Am a complete zero when it comes to computers and I did not get it.I sought help of another per person who could not fix it as well.
    I fumbled upon another solution by myself and it works.
    First every day I will have to connect my note2 to wifi first and then the tab2 gets connected,otherwise it doesn't.
    Is there any science behind this :)
    Thanks guys
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Bala, you seem to be improving on gadget use by the day. I would say I too belong in the same category as you when it comes to computers. Computers bowl bouncers at me.

Abdul
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Agree 100% Bala, also I think a lots of updates (bug removal) are pending or being worked on as we are happy posting... :)

Maybe your router likes the note2 more than the tab2... :D Weird thing happening here..!
    There must be some explanation to this, maybe the router or phone is not able to assign and work on one specific ip address on devices. But it sure ain't normal, not that it will hurt. Try this, connect some other wifi device (other than note2) and then try tab2, should work as well. Need to check the router or tab2 device for conflicting settings or applications within tab. Any hardware or networking guy worth his salt should find the proper resolution or be able to identify the root cause of issue atleast.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol Abdul,yes am turning geeky by the day,yet another gadget ordered in Ebay and delivery awaited, let it arrive and I shall post it, let some suspense prevail☺.There have also been instances where gadgets were bought (impulsive) and not put to use like the expensive Onkyo home theatre which was used only thrice since the other philips home theatre was more user friendly.
    Simpleson,your reasoning out is quite logical, should be true.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I've bought a Samsung 27 inch led monitor from Ebay for Rs.18,600.
    As with all Samsung products,artificial colours,hyper contrast and brightness,the build is flimsy,the tiny stand supporting the huge monitor is insufficient that the monitor moves and waves all the time (not due to the content of the video played:)).
    I am always a fan of LG, bought this because my earlier Samsung monitor lasted for 13 years and the LG monitor was 800rs more expensive and looked a generation older.
    The huge size is amazing,it's like 70MM :)
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats Bala, you can now enjoy good movies and dvds and HD youtube content in greater detail and realism. Is it full hd, btw?
    I use Media Player Classic on PC and Altec Lansing ATP3 which have enough punch and are nice to own forever, although I wished I had bought THX rated speakers which give real cinematic audio experience esp. when played with DVD and Blue-ray. :)

They already have talks of 4k even before Full HD ( which is great enough) and blue-ray could propagate fully. :(
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes simpleson,it is full HD
    About speakers,I have auditioned Mitashi tall speakers,blue tooth enabled, costing Rs,8500 at Reliance,it is awesome and on par with my 25k onkyo home theatre and you should try.It is on my next hitlist:)
    By the way,I enjoy only bad movies on monitor:),for good movies there is a 42 inch Full hd LG LED.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Chinese mobiles are cheaper in India than in China!
    Enquired the price of the much sought after Redmi S1 in Zhangzagie in a mall at China mobiles (a chain of mobile stores all over China).The cost was 999 Yuan,equivalent to 10,300, which is expensive by 40 percent when compared to India where it sells for Rs.6000.
    Even Note 2 costs 45k in Honkong while it sells for 23k in India,in China it would be a few thousands lesser than in Honkong.
    Electronic goods are cheaper in India,but it is surprising that even Chinese mobiles are cheaper than in China.
    Xiaomi is not that popular,every one owns a brand called Coolpad
    I phone is the most popular even though it is not available in China,they get it from Honkong through friends visiting the place.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Surprised to hear this. Are you sure about this? I thought Apple also has one of the big market in China.