1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The mac/Ip reservation will not help if it is a DNS issue. If it's a DNS issue, i believe the other devices wouldn't have worked either.

Grab a screenshot of the WIFI settings page on your tab when you think it is supposed to be connected but Internet is not working and we can take it from there. When you tap on the SSID that you are supposed to connect to, it shows status/Signal strength/Logins failed etc. which is what you'll have to look at.

Could be a software issue or a hardware issue in the worst case. if nothing works, you can try forgetting the SSID and reconnect again. If that doesn't work too, try a factory reset for the tab as last resort.

Edit: I guess you meant to say DHCP issue and mentioned DNS instread. I still suspect something else is wrong.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes you are right. I meant DHCP, my recommendation was based on the following logic. Don't know if that's accurate. However, address reservation will reduce time to connect device to network as a minimum benefit and keep a more stable link without look-up services and frequent drops from network if unable to resolve. Of course new age routers are even more smarter. So once in a while a router firmware upgrade improves overall compatibility between client-server.

QUOTE:
    Some older chips have lower compatibility depending on age and brand. I have used TP-LINK (Atheros) with about 99.9% stability rate for about 8-9 years now. Never needing to reset it unless user error. Broadcom or Realtek chipsets or Atheros (now Qualcomm) etc. may have inter-operability issues of temporary nature once in a while. So a firmware update for Tab or Router or both could be an ultimate solution if the issues persist.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I will have to try resetting the tablet,should be a hardware problem,too bad for a market leader Samsung.

Can someone tell me in steps as to how to store a video I had just watched in you tube?
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    TubeMate YouTube Downloader free download for Android

- - - Merged Post - - -

Another simpler way is to download via youtube down-loader software and copy to your Android device for later viewing.
    Note : some hardware like Tabs may or may not support HD or Full HD resolution videos. Verify that and choose download option accordingly.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks a lot simple son,tube mate worked perfectly and easily.I opted for 720 download since my note 2 is a 720p phone.
    Can this play 1080 downloads too?
    My favourite song asku lasku was the first download,going to fill the memory card :)
    Thanks

- - - Merged Post - - -

You are our 24/7 helpline in the forum,in all subjects.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Try downloading any 10min clip in full hd and play. Maybe it could. :)

OT:
    Thanks, not all the subjects, but I try to login as many times as possible. Recently one member opened a thread and then on second post he replied "thanks for the replies or thanks for help, close the thread." No one had replied till then to his thread query for quite some time. :eek: I had thought somebody will take initiative and answer his query but no one did till he posted this; the thread was lying idle. :roll:
    Sometimes I observed that if there is no answer to a simple query, a new question and topic is posted and no one bothers to answer the older one which gets buried between pages somewhere. Some Mods, and some of us TFIan guys keep the activity alive whenever possible. It saddens me sometimes that there is very low activity on something useful for everyday or just too much activity on a one subject with no logical conclusion/s to the main topic.
  7. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
    My 4 year old Western Digital External Hard disk 1TB is not accessible now. Whenever I connect to the drive, I get the Error 'You need to format the disk in drive H: before you can use it.Do you want to format it?'

I would like to know if anyone had any successful attempt to recover data from a corrupted external hard disk ? If so, which software was used ? I am ready shell out some money to buy a original recovery software (with limited budget), but want to be rest assured it works.

The last thing I would prefer to do is to give it to a Pro Data recovery guys to recover the data back.

Thanks
    Anand
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @hello2anand,

There could be an issue with MFT or FAT. If data is of crucial importance you might need to get it recovered from professionals. Else you can remove the HDD from enclosure and attach as slave to a PC and try using some recovery software to see if files/folders are intact.

Also you need to get a HDD health status from the SMART log of the HDD. There is a patch procedure for WD HDDs which inherently have high LCC count.
    If problem is with HDD health you could ask for replacement, and make sure you reduce the LCC count rate via patching through PC else new WD HDD too could fail earlier. More information on this is available online.

Do check again for Virus infections on your PC or Laptop where this HDD is connected.

Best of Luck !
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Which company gives us the cheapest 3g package?
    Vodafone's 2.5 gb 3g price has risen to Rs.449 for 2.5 gb from Rs.249 two months back.
    Vodafone's 2g speed is good enough,though it buffers a little for video download.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If one is not on the move or sharing one dongle for home and office both, best to use wired internet like ADSL+ or PPPOE local cable internet with wifi router. IMHO 3g wireless services should be used only for necessity for people always on the move.

Not aware which is cheapest. Many companies have different levels of plans or services for different zones. Mostly these are data cap plans (first 3g then 2g speed). Check online Bala and compare as these companies keep coming with new offers sometimes introductory in nature selling new hardware (usb dongles) and then milk their subscribers over a period of time. :(