1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Anand,
    Junglee is powered by Amazon only so nothing to worry. imagine is the apple premium retailer chain who is also selling online. So not an issue.
    1 person likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The store owners or retailers don't fix the price sometimes, its moderated by Amazon. The low prices are valid because Amazon, sometimes facilitates (compensates) the retailers to sell at competitive prices, the price and products are reviewed and decided between reseller and Amazon.

I can say from experience that they are good and trustworthy and deliver any expensive electronic items in good box packed conditions with return/replacement and refund policy.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    About Ipad4, it is very very heavy compared to a Samsung galaxy tab and Apple milks it's customers by pricing everything after purchase.
    The screen aspect ratio is also not good compared to an android device,the latter being more user friendly too.
  4. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Rishikesh...I was ready to order it from Junglee but later realized it was priced at Rs 28500 only for Delhi & NCR Regions....I'll probably order from Flipkart

yes Bala. I was aware of the weight & compatibility problems, but I somehow feel that Apple products are much more secure than the one I have seen in Google Store for Android especially when it comes to Apps.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Bought ASUS ZENPHONE4 for my mother,but Dad took it.
    First the main thing that has gone terribly wrong.The volume, it is too low for not just watching you tube videos but for even the ring tone to be heard.If this is not addressed by some software update it is going to be a disaster.
    In every other department it trumps my note2 which is 5 times costlier.
    It looks great,it's a stunner and exudes quality, has a premium finish.
    Zen UI is much more involving and has more utility than my note 2.
    The screen is a beauty, low resolution or ppi does not show at all.I prefer this screen to the 720 pm superamoled screen of my note 2.
    Touch response is brilliant and there is no lag.
    The browser loads up much faster than my note 2.
    1gb ram, a good quality 5mp camera which gives brilliant pictures even in low light,full hd video recording,dual sim, memory expandable to 64 gb, corning gorilla glass 3, replaceable battery,can anyone give more for Rs.5999 ?.The phone has a foreign smell :), so it is definitely not Indian made.
    After seeing this and knowing about the success of motorola and xiaomi, have realised several things
    1 . It's the beginning of end of micromax, xolo, lava, spice and other indochinese companies,I was startled when micromax priced one of its phone at 22 k!
    2 . It's the beginning of the end of physical stores, over priced and not transparent.
    3 . Samsung's market share is going to come down to half in the next quarter.
    4.It would be foolish to buy sony, Samsung or lg phones for 40k, you can buy 4 phones with similar specs for that price.
    5.Money is beginning to have more value at least for mobile phone purchase.
    6.Now it is very clear why Nokia withdrew it's Nokia x models with in a month of launch,they make no sense.
    Welcome online stores,byebye Samsung and Sony.
    Battery life has to be seen but anyways my Dad is already charging his Nokia express music twice a day.
    Thumbs up to ASUS, if only they fix the volume issue.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Battery life is a downer too, lasts for just one day.
    The phone heats up fast,due to intel processor?
    The build, though beautiful does not give a lasting feeling like Nokia phones.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala, buy a Moto E later, a much safer bet I would say. Your mom will be happy to use it.

That's the case for majority of phones with Android, barring a few high-end well tuned Android firmwares and SOC combinations.

The fab is 32nm not the best in terms of efficiency and heat. The chinese like Mediateks are way better in managing TDP with an ARM based SOC. Intel has already lost this battle against ARM. It's appalling that they rolled out Atom against the ARM in a cellphone market. Pathetic attempt to save face. They got to develop a better architecture than ARM rather than sending out these chips in the market. With their research brain, background and money prowess this should have been an cakewalk. I have no doubt they can do it, but might as well be better to buy some part of ARM.

Edit: Read Intel Atom against ARM Cortex.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ya, I knew a proven Moto E for 1 k more would be a safer bet,but it did not have front camera like zenphone for video chat and Moto E did not attract me at all.It would have been like buying a city over Linea, proven, better resale value but did not feel like buying at all.
    Asus has a golden opportunity on hand,read that they have sold 40000 in 4 days, Zenphone 5, 8 gb model at 10 k is always sold out in flipkart.com.They should resolve the glitches before selling more mobiles,even in my phone there was a sw update immediately after purchase.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Asus makes some very good products, actually they were known to people for their motherboards in PCs.

Their transformer tab was one of the best in market. Even laptops are very sleek and exude a very upmarket feel. So your comparison with Linea is understandable on that front.

Not having software upgrades is kinda considered a deal breaker by many. A firmware should be well weaved understanding all the features present in the SOC. Nokia and Microsoft have done a very good job with the Lumia on this front. So my mother uses a Nokia 520 (now replaced by 525) which we gifted to her and for her it's already a great phone, since she isn't tech savvy at all. :)
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Haha,even my parents do not know anything about mobiles or internet;), only yesterday I created a mail id for Dad.
    Even I was considering lumia 520 for 7.2 k but it does not have a front camera which might be handy for family video chat.Anyways android is android,I always wonder how people choose a windows mobile over an android mobile. The UI, screen choices,ease of use and entertainment, imho android is fantastic.When I first got my hands on an ipad4, I instantly disliked it, passed it over.
    If volume is going to be so low I wouldn't recommend Asus phones, otherwise I like it more than my note 2,which looks like an antique piece beside zenphone 4:(, I also feel like been a big stupid shelling out 29 k for a mobile,note 2,before, at least I will not commit that mistake in future.