1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dr. Saab, As most of the gadgets are micro USB powered, any cable is compatible. Only noting point is the output AMPS that the charger delivers. For a mobile above 2AMS of battery power, it is better to use a charger that provides at least 850mA of output power.

Also, to extract more juice out of the mobiles/tablets/phablets try using Snapdragon Battery Guru from the play store. It is one among the best to ensure your battery lasts long and really long. Since this is from Snapdragon, it is suited for mobiles that are using the Dragon processors.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Anandh for that useful information.
    The problem in my galaxy tab 2 is not with the battery,it was perfect till 2 days before.Again if you can please confirm,can I charge the tablet using the cable of tab2 and the charging port of note 2?.I have tried another thing today,I switched on the desktop and I have connected the charger to the system,is this ok or shouldn't it be done.
    My bad time,the neutral (that is what the EB guys said) in the electrical post opposite my house went kaput and many appliances in my house from a home theatre to dvd player to an induction stove went up in flames :( , total loss should be around 30k for no fault of ours and we are still in the process of finding out what other machine has gone bust), this is a country that got independence along with Malaysia and Singapore (will this happen there?)and they are holding an hopeless election yet another time, what for ?
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    My solution to the problem in the tablet worked.
    I had connected the tablet to the pc in the morning and the battery had charged 3/4th by afternoon, thinking that the problem was gone I connected the tablet to the wall charger and the problem resurfaced.It did not get charged and in blinking every few minutes the charge has come down too.
    So the battery and the cable is fine.Problem should be with the adapter or should be a software glitch.
    Shall I try charging using the cable of tab2 and adapter of the note2 or can I continue charging by connecting to the pc, is there anything wrong in doing so, or shall i buy a new charger?
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Desktop will not provide enough amp for connections. Using galaxy 2 charger and port will surely do no harm. If it's a USB to micro usb for phone and tablet alike or in simpler terms if the cables match. The charger amps rating wont be too far off the range (so as to damage). Except galaxy note 2 will be even slower in charging. Please read the amp rating on the chargers. 750mA or 1000mA and such. The lower the amp rating and higher the battery rating the more the time needed to charge.

Bad luck Bala. Maybe next time you might need some ELCB protection or smart inverter in the main line. Please consult an expert electrician who can understand circuit protection and fluctuation problems. At our villages people use cheap voltage stabilizers instead of UPS and they work well for the most part. The fuses cost mere 5-10Rs. for such voltage stabilizers.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks simpleson,you are actually a superson, you seem to know a lot of things.
    Ok, tonight I shall go and check the amp rating on both the note2 and tab2 charger (will it be written in the port in the charging area?) and if it reads the same I shall try connecting the tab2 cable with note2 charger and try to charge.
    Yes, can't call it bad luck, should be a shoddy job of an electrician of our house or of the govt.We are going to redo the earthing of our house and the EB is going to add something called cutter at our cost.
    Oh yes, the microwave oven, a couple of cfl bulbs have also gone caput :(, thankfully 2 led tvs, refrigerator and a washing machine are spared.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    :D Appreciate the candour nature of your remarks, always. Not to be thought of as "a simpleton" or a super(person), rather a simpler person or asimpleson. Hence the odd bewildering TFI handle name. ::D

Go for it. Just remember, as said earlier if amp rating is below 2A like 750mA upto 1500mA etc. the charging may be slower for a higher capacity Tab 2 battery.

The amp rating should not be too much though. I found that max 2.0A has been ratified and used on Samsung Travel Charger to be used on the Galaxy Note 2, so it is safe. Please do share what ratings are mentioned on the chargers for better clarity.

samsung charger.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks a lot.
    Yes, it reads the same in both tab2 and note2
    out put is the same 5.0v -2.0A
    The input is a little different
    150 -300 vac 50 -60 hz 0.35A for note 2 and 100-240v 0.35A for tab 2
    Thanks
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Maybe charging helps then well and good.

Meanwhile there is some rewiring in process at home right? Maybe that can also help in certain way in next few days..(it's a long shot but not completely impossible for battery chargers to act weird.)

The heart of the issue is that the battery in the Tab 2 needs a revival, something like resusciating from V-Fib by a defib :p and the tab also needs to detect that the smart Li-on battery is alive. So that it allows further chance to recharge. Contrary to popular belief Li-on battery some types have been known to show memory effects.

I think they should have provided a 1200 to 1400mAH charger at max even for the tab 2. I can't explain this scientifically since it's not my primary area of study, but my best guess is that the charger ratings are also responsible for batteries developing fault. I think the charging voltage of 2A is also high for quick charging. The adverse effect of quick charging is that battery or voltage circuit can develop fault reading or showing proper current status (the batteries heat up too early deteriorating life, performance and reliability). What it also means is battery may have a good health but will show wrong status, somewhat remotely like an auto-immune disorder.

[HR][/HR]
    Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 Tab 1 Battery 4000mAh 3.7V Li-ion 14.8Wh Battery
    Samsung Note 2 Battery

Keep the link in bookmark. In worst case if all options of revival fail. It might need a battery transplant. :|
    1 person likes this.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Simpleson for your detailed helpful explanation.
    It worked.
    I charged the tablet using it's cable and the port of note2 and it charged as usual. Surprisingly the port of tab2 which did not work while charging the same worked well with the cable of note2 and it charged the note2. I do not know how it was possible. But am not going to risk charging the note2 by mixing and matching and am going to use the note 2 kit in toto for that and for charging tab2, will use the cable of the same and the port of note2.
    Problem solved.
    About the wiring issue at home,think that they are adding a cutter, I've paid 1.5 k to the EB people and after that is done will have to change the earthing of our house employing our own electrician, hope that would prevent the problem from recurring.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The problem with the tablet occurred much before the short cicuit and burning of other appliances at home.so, I think there is no connection between the two problems.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Samsung galaxy S5 priced at Rs.51,000.
    Should be the joke of the year,experiencing the lag, artificial colour and contrast and several bugs in their android devices.