1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No. This statement should be wrong. Mobile penetration was less at that time. Rather we should say 'More than half of mobile users bought this Nokia mobile at that time'. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    3310 was such a darling handset of people. It can probably be called the most popular handset of India in past decades or two.

I had a black Motorola Talkabout T180 (maybe still have it lying somwhere in office) when I first entered the mobile phone world. Then a Sony Erricson, replaced immediately by a Samsung C100 (very trendy looking for it's time), then a couple of Nokias and such. I too had used a 3110 and another model higher and lower in this range I can't remember the model numbers of.

- - - Merged Post - - -

He said "I think half the Indian (mobile using) population should have bought this nokia mobile." You got him on technicality. :lol: You could make a top lawyer. :D
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    3 people like this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Simpleson, that was why Ramesh is given the coveted post of a moderator :), envy, envy...
    2 people like this.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My first mobile phone was a Nokia 3310 back in 2003 :)

Thanks ramjn for the pic, it brought back a lot of memories in a moment. This mobile fell down on the road from my Jacket's pocket, while I was riding at good speeds. I thought that the phone was totalled. But surprisingly, it came to life after assembling all the scattered parts. The only issue was that the phone wasn't recieving any signals and I got it repaired from a local shop. It served me well for the time it was with me.

Now after almost 10+ yrs I have upgraded/downgraded and changed several mobiles and bought a Nexus 5 couple of months back. My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy SII. I still have it, but is resting in my cupboard.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Can anyone help me in diagnosing the problem in my note 2?
    It took the whole night to charge and i removed it from the charger only at 9am, buy 2.30 pm the charge was down to 5 percent from 100 percent with only 5 min browsing usage.My mobile is only 8 months old and it was dropped down may be 10 times.Is the problem with the battery or with the mobile?
    Before the 4.3 update it will get charged in 2hours and would last for 1 and a half day
    Do I change the battery or dump this junk and buy a non samsung mobile :(
    Again it is in the charger and after 2 hours only 8 percent charge is done.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @bala - It should still be under warranty right? Why not contact Samsung service?
  7. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bala - Try restarting your note, may be some application running in background and it does consume more battery.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Agree with Ramjn get it done if in warranty, or pay samung tech 200-400 rs. and reformat or downgrade to 4.2. Buy a new battery if this one is giving issue. But before all that try resetting the phone once. Sync Backup your contacts online ofcourse.

Also, as per the previous suggestion did you google search for cyanogenmod android for your phone. Chances are you may get lucky.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Good suggestions.
    I do not want to give the mobile to a service centre,cat would be out of the bag then :(, internet history, cookies :(..
    I did restart the phone several times and there is no improvement.
    Cynogenmed?, I shall Google,but what is that?
    My mobile phone has changed the meaning of mobile:(, it has become a fixed phone, always to the charger and since 3 pm, now it has charged to 13 percent
    No running apps in the background but before this happened I had transferred all the applications to the sd card, could that be a reason ?
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    CyanogenMod 11 [4.4 KitKat] ROM on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - Quick Review - YouTube

CyanogenMod Downloads

btw, the service center will not know jack (internet history, cookies etc.) should you reset the phone and give it them for battery issue. The people interested in this information (read google) have already noted the things about usage pattern, likes dislikes etc. :devilface

Bala my initial post suggestion has a good chance of working for you. Except if your battery/phone has calibration issues. Which could be a bad IC or software issue etc.