1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I updated to 4.3 as and when it came in, the phone still charges from 0 to 100% in the same 2 to 2.5 hrs, as from day one. :)
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Any Sony fans? I have myself a Z1 and it is really good. Much better than the Samsung ones - no plasticky!!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Generic Versions of Android are designed to be bloated by google's hidden services that loadup in background and phone manufacturers load extra cr*p while shipping phones. Android is a whole lot about tracking a user data and profile and location information etc. to sell to google's customers. In short it takes a whole lot more from your experience than it gives you.:smile: If a person values his or her privacy Android is definitely not the operating system to look at.

Bala, the trick to having a fast Android phone is either to go for Cyanogenmod OS version for your phone. AND/OR use extra measures like..

1) Install an app called as Advanced Task Killer Pro and tweak it to behave aggressively continuously with certain apps that load too much in the background. The software is self explanatory. It even loads a shortcut android icon which when clicked frees up memory instantly by killing low priority apps in background.

2) A lesser known or ignored fact is that Android slows down with MicroSD card access. And worst it affects battery a lot. To get around this issue. There is a very tiny app called as SD UNMOUNT, which allows you to toggle SD card mount/unmount without hassle of physically removing the SD Card. If you can use this to Unmount your SD card when you dont need it, it can save battery and speed up your phone a lot. Critical or regular used apps you will need to move to main memory for this trick to work well. And try to use the fastest SD card compatible with your phone, like a Class 10 Sandisk Extreme etc. it is very useful in Android OS.

3) Never wait to drain battery below 80% usage as a rule. It can harm your battery. Actually, best to charge it everytime it goes near 50% mark. Never drain a modern day Li-ion battery to very low current, cause it will deteriorate battery performance later, even killing the battery earlyon than expected.
    2 people like this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks a lot simple son.
    This should be useful for other readers as well.
    You do have an indepth knowledge on several things,quite good and thoughtful.
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for your acknowledgement. The geek within helps me discover these special or detailed tips and tricks. ;)
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    But am really amazed at the analytical brain in you,not seeing things superficially which people like me do.I only wish you are aptly recognised in your pay slip :)
    Ramesh,yes I've seen what your 925 mobile is capable of,amazing camera, excellent,but am totally ignorant about the windows OS and am a big kanjoos that I change my mobile only once in 2 years and my note2 is only 8 months old.
    About the charging time,yesterday too I checked and it took 5 hours to charge 50 percent which was not the case before 4.3 update, would take flat 2 hours for a full charge.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I own 920 not 925.
    Regarding Windows OS, I find this to be more user friendly and easy to use. And never mind. You can wait for Lumia 930. That is looking amazing and may be launched in few months. It has got 5" screen.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Then I am a bigger kanjoos than you Bala. I don't ever throw away a phone till it dies a natural death. In fact I keep the dead phones stashed away somewhere, for god knows why :lol: I recently got a second phone, the Samsung Wave S8500 phone from my brother, who upgraded to a Xolo Play (tegra chipset phone). And I love it even more than Android phones. Except the big let down is google apps like whatsapp which don't work on Bada phone.

As regards charging issue, you have to try rooting your phone and upgrade to Cyanogenmod if this thing drives you crazy. You will start appreciating Android and your phone too if you can do that.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I also have this habit. I have all the phones which I have used with me. Some working and some not working. My first phone was Nokia 3310 which I still have it as my collectibles. :) I think other pieces of this mobile is available only at Nokia Museum.

nokia-3310.jpg
    3 people like this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol, even I haven't thrown all the obsolete mobiles at home,maybe they might get an antique value 20 years down the line!.I already do appreciate android and am a big fan.
    Ramesh am hugely enthusiastic about changing the lock and home screen every week,which I believe will not be possible with a windows mobile.
    Am a huge fan of LG brand,so maybe my next mobile would be a nexus or lg g pro 2, I.e., one year later.
    I totally dislike the artificial colour and contrast of the amoled screens of Samsung phones, bought this only for its decent camera and it's discount :(

- - - Merged Post - - -

I too had the same mobile and at that time I was even a bigger kanjoos that me and my dad shared the same mobile.
    I was totally ignorant about technology, believe me I did not even knew to pick a call, I would ask my driver to pick a call when it arrives :(.
    Now am much better.
    I think half the Indian population should have bought this nokia mobile :)