1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gadgets Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Bala, Sep 28, 2010.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

^^ FYI, Samsung has released JB 4.2.2 update for Galaxy S2. I have it on mine.

Dear Apple lovers, only reason I can fathom shelling a premium for an 'i' product is probably cos they are more secure than say Android phones. And yes, their designs are good. Lets face it, they all are manufactured in the same China and they too have QC issues both in and out of warranty period. (Got 2 i-Pad 2s at home)

@bala: We all criticize Samsungs AMOLED screen, don't we? Well, you can always do this, in case you don't like the saturated colors. Goto settings->Screen Mode-> Select Natural. But trust me, you would come back to Standard/Dynamic soon. ;)
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes, done drvr, but even the colours are not as natural and pleasing as in a nexus.Super amoled screen does look artificial with too much ofcontrast and brightness.Personally I would swap all the gimmicky, freaky feautures of a Samsung phone for a beautiful screen with natural colours of a nexus
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Can any one throw me light on the info of how many minutes of 1080 p video can 1 gb store.I did google, but a grand user told me that hd video recording consumes a lot of memory.Have to buy a memory card, 64 gb is abnoxiously priced at 4k, planning to buy 2 32 gb cards instead at 1.2 k each.
  4. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Bala,

Generally 5 sec clip will consume around 10 MB space. Now you can calculate how many minutes 1 GB can hold. It should be somewhere near 8 to 9 minutes. This scenario is for my galaxy note. Hopefully it will be similar for other phones also..
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Well a sample from the iTunes movie download section indicates as follows..

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 10.06.43 AM.png

*that suggests you will at least need 4.5 - 5 GB space for a 2 hour plus movie. (i.e a legal download...but you may find further compressed versions floating around or once purchased you can through certain softwares can further compress the file size but not substantially though)
    * original HD video has various soundtrack info such as dolby/dolbyDTS for multi channel support etc etc for utilisation in a home theatre setup...incase of mobile devices these sounds can be converted to ordinary stereo (2 channel) and you can thus reduce the file size.

Cheers!

NOTE: The above mentioned conversion (i.e file size optimisation) is a lot of time consuming exercise + a lot of R&D with softwares till the right balance is acheived...hence not recommended. Set your sights on around 5 - 6 full lenght movies on a 32 GB card.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks romeo and herbie for the information.It is actually to record video, say supposedly if we go on a tour.Mine is also a note, so the space utilization should be similar.
  7. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
  8. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    My 9 months old samsung 10.1galaxy tab2 has gone dead.No, the battery was fine and it charged well even the last time.There was some software update, from ics to jelly bean I beleive and after that when I had to power on and off frequently, the power switch has stopped working.Found that this is a common problem in samsung tablets.This was bought in US, so could not avail warranty or replacement. Tried various procedures like pressing both power and volume buttons and releasing power button but nothing works.
    Any idea as to how the tablet can be revived?
    Even my note2 goes to 0 in ringer volume on it's own and I miss calls.Am done with Samsung as even my earlier 2 expensive Samsung tvs went bust in a short time.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Does it still covered under warranty, Bala? Let me know if I can help in any way. I am visiting US shortly.
    1 person likes this.