1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fwd: Mumbai-Pune Highway...V. Important - please read

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by spvaidya, Dec 4, 2010.

1. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    I received this email from a friend and am not sure if this is true. Still, better to be Safe, Always. The location could be anywhere else...

Email Content

We have been reading a lot about dacoities these days particularly on outskirts of Pune & on express way. Our nursery is in Bhare & we have experienced 1/2 incidences where different ways were used to stop the vehicle. Also 2 persons from my staff are from Sinhgad - Katraj area, where one gang is right now operative.
    Here the gang members are applying grease all over body so that they slip off if anybody tries to catch them. Rural police alongwith local villagers have started night patrolling but its not effective.

So please all those who travel a lot, particularly night travels or at wee hours please take proper precaution.

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman - will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9 or 100 - AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.
    THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

ITS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN TO BE SORRY.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Thanks for sharing the infor for all the members. Members and non members travelling around this area, Please Note.
  3. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Hi SP

Very very thanx for sharing this info.I will also share this info among my friends & relatives.
    It shows that you are an ideal Citizen of India :clap
  4. Very important piece of information. Will certainly share it in my group. Thanks!
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank you so much for sharing this valueable information SP. I will share this info with my friends & relatives.
  6. inadindrive

inadindrive

Hi Friends

Thanks lot sharing the usefully information.....