1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Future Generali insurance problems

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by dhoundiyal1, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Hi,

I have bought my Linea Emotion in Dec 2010. Since the begining it's insurance has been with Future Generali.

I recently met with a small accident and had a dent in my front bonnet and a dent on left fender and bumper. The insurance company has allowed the left side dent but refused the front bonnet reasoning that the dent was not fresh and was from some other accident. since, I have been Future Generali right from begining, does this comment justified ? Even if this dent is a little old, are they not supposed to set it right ? Does escalating this to IRDA will help?

Any response to this will help.

Sandeep.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For Future Generali experience have a look at http://www.teamfiat.co.in/insurance...ance-future-generali-fiat-cars-bane-boon.html.

You should have used insurance when Bonnet dent happened. You can't club more than one issue with one claim. This is not allowed with any insurance.
  3. I totally agree with what you are saying as a policy and I know that this policy was made to ensure that people do not get the old accidents with new policy. However,logically it is not the fact with me. I have had the same insurer right from begining, so he should logically honour the claim.Iam not questioning the company, Iam questioning the insurance policy maker. And hence I have not wanted views on taking it up with the company, I rather wanted to see if others also see my point and then I take it up with IRDA directly.

Sandeep.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I may be the first person who looted Future Generalli insurance in very first year. In very first year I claimed 5 times, and they had to pay almost INR 30000 ( they paid 12500 for insurance). Second year they didnot renewed insurance as I looted them.

Dhoundial1, what Ravi is saying is correct. They will pay only one side if you can convinced them it happened from same accident. Bonnet they will not accept with left side and tell the same story as they told the same to you.

I don't like scratch & dent, so first incident was very second day. My colony campus gate was not opened properly and a small dent in left side front wheel arc. costed 3500. Next within 1.5 months a maroon Auto presented straight dent in left front door, left rear door, left Q pannel, left bumper over wheel arc, left mirror assembly completely gone, costed almost 15000 with Denting & Penting. and next one :- small dent in right rear door & Running board by a scooter guy, directly hit on my car. another 2 were small dent & scratch, I told them to Paint properly.

2nd year( 2011-2012):- Insurance with Bajaj, no claim as except minor scratch nothing happenet, touch wood. IDV came down from 630000 to 593000.
    3rd year (2012-2013):- Again Insurance with Bajaj with no claim bonus from 2nd year. IDV I kept as same 593000 by paying INR 1000 more than what quoted for IDV 535000.
    1 person likes this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ BoseSuman, I liked the way you narrated the incident with Future Generali. LOL :D Could not stop saying this!

Wish you that there are no further claims. Enjoy your ride buddy!
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    They are correct. They will pay for both the incident. However, there is a reporting period window. You should have lodged a claim for the dent earlier and they would have paid for it. You could still lodge a claim subsequently and they would pay for it as well. There is no limit to the number of claims by the insured. Check the narration by Bose Suman above. You will lose the case, even if you go to IRDA. The insurance guidelines are very clear in this aspect and all companies follow the same.
  7. ^^ The repair should be reported to insurance company with in a 72 hrs of incident. If not done then the iinsurance company can reject the claim and I dont think that even IRDA can help you on this.

While typing this I am talking to Future Generali Help desk to discuss about my insurance claim and they conveyed this message.

Ajit
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I had these incidents in First year only. From Second year onwards I drive in city very slow, who are driving very fast, zig zag I always let them go first. And Majorly, I started respecting Autos after the incident in first year, I think they are Merc, Audi & BMW :eek:, so its my duty to let them provide safe passage from my car ;). Touch wood, no incident happened from Auto after first year.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    What cutered mentioned in his post is absolutely right. So we should always be proactive when looting them.

lol Suman, you really looted them in the very first year and yes, the auto wallahs in the city are famous for their driving skills :rage
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Now, it makes me ask this question. Can Sandeep repair the left side damages under insurance during this claim and repair other damages using insurance after a month or so? Do the insurance company really go through all the pictures (which the surveyor captures during the initial claim) during every claim?