1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

fused glow plugs-urgent help

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sidhu, May 27, 2015.

1. sidhu

sidhu Timido

punjab
    my 1.3 76hp punto,60k run,is showing signal for glow plug failure.I have shown this to fiat service station here at my place(patiala,punjab).they told me that the glow plug is stuck in socket and even can break if tried with force. in case of a break ,they dont take any responsibiliy and whole cost of opening head(around 20k) will have to be paid my me.
    what should i do?
    if i continue to drive car in this condition. what can be the long term effects on engine/car.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    There won't be much long term effects on performance of car apart from longer crank in cold winter mornings of dec-jan and irritating message everytime you turn on ignition.
    Leave it as it is if its stuck, glow plug broke in my car and I had to get the head opened for extracting it.
    Shoot a mail to Fiat if your car is in warranty.
  3. sidhu

sidhu Timido

punjab
    thanks for the reply.
    my car is in extended warranty which will get over in aug 2015.
    how much all the process cost you ?
    will send a mail to fiat
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I got the work done at outside garage costed me approx 5-6 k for labor, lathe work, new bolts and head gasket and another 2-3 k for all 4 plugs. Sourced parts from MGP (Maruti Genuine Parts) dealer
  5. sidhu

sidhu Timido

punjab
    thanks ..for reply
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Glow plugs are covers under extended warranty. Mail to fiat is the best way available
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    And do it fast before your warranty expires. Warn them of action if they try to bring you close to the expiry before replying.