1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fun2drive Car computer Perf and diagnostic software

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Surya, Feb 28, 2013.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

1 person likes this.
  2. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Its surely not better than torque but just because it features dials it looks better than alfaobd anyways to my bad luck only alfaobd works with my car
  3. srivatsahg

srivatsahg Timido

More fun with fun2drive

It definitely works on MJD

I had a chance to get hands-on the BOSCH fun2drive app on my FIAT - GP90 MJD.
    I used a VGate OBD Scan Bluetooth adapter to connect to OBD socket on my car.
    And for those who are not aware of the location of the OBD socket in a FIAT Grande Punto, It is located right below the steering wheel
    Just pop open the cover.The OBD socket is located right below the fuse housing.

NOTE : Before starting the app. make sure you pair your phone with the Bluetooth OBD dongle from the Phone’s Settings.

On starting the app for the first time, it will prompt you the EULA and also a widget requesting you to to turn on the Bluetooth(if not turned on previously). From there you can then connect your smartphone to the OBD. You can also customize the settings based on your Car model, fuel type, Engine Capacity and measurement values standards etc.(Needs a working internet connection)

First things first, the first impression that came across my mind was that the User Interface is fresh and definitely Intuitive.
    Unlike Torque app. it doesn't confuse the user with too many parameters. On the main screen, there are three analog dials to
    display the current Speed, Power and Torque values and other features which appears on a cool selection menu on a Road

I took my GP90MJD on a short trip on a highway and recorded the following observations.

Main screen - Cruising

Main Screen - Rest

You can navigate to the second screen with a gentle horizontal swipe. The second screen has a dial and digital values of Engine performance parameters. At present the available list of engine parameters.

• RPM
    • Engine Temperature
    • Fuel Pressure
    • Engine load
    • Throttle Position
    • Barometric Pressure
    • Ambient Temperature

Some real time engine performance parameters

1. Idle RPM - (Car at Rest)

2. RPM on some hard rev

3. Cruising RPM

4. Engine Temperature

5. Trip Analyzer screen

This is where you record data of your road trip, allows the user to select a set of handy features like

• Overall travel time
    • Average speed
    • Maximum speed
    • Distance
    • Average fuel consumption

To test the accuracy of the app. I took a short trip on Hosur road today and compared the results with that of readily available on the HUD of my GP90. I felt the results were pretty much matching

On a simple tap on the Engine icon. The app returns the fault codes returned by your car ECU. The description for these error (fault) codes can checked on the Error Look up Table feature.

Spare parts

Displays a list a original Bosch spare parts available for your car. Although i would've desired some more additional details w.r.t that part, price and availability. Hope Bosch is listening smile.gif

Call Workshop

Locate and contact the Bosch Car Service closest to you for assistance on your car's health. Again this needs a working internet connection and honestly i didn't try this.

Error Lookup:

Get the error code description for any generic OBD II error code.

To summarize, the Bosch fun2Drive is a simple yet powerful handy tool and a must have for any car enthusiast.
    5 people like this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    srivatsasg, thanks for detailed post and it covers everything very well.

Apart from Error Code, which other data is useful for us? Few useful data is already available on MID.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    As this application is launched recently Feb 26 2013 and available only in Germany and India through Google play - this apps is up for lot of add-ons and feature upgrades based on the feedback from users. One feature which i like is you can connect to the Facebook and update stats of your trip and share it with friends.
    1 person likes this.
  6. srivatsahg

srivatsahg Timido

Bosch fun2drive

The Spare parts feature is definitely useful for any car enthusiast.
    1 person likes this.
  7. No Turbo Boost readings ???
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

IMHO Torque is a better app and VGate OBD-II is the most affordable scanner that works (Unlike the chinese ****).
  9. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    This one's Made in India (in collaboration with Germany)