1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fun driving & tyre upsize with pics

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anrawat, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So u mean he has actually lost a little on GC

Harmony & chaos
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OK, in that case the GC has reduced
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes Pran marginally. But I am sure he would be having a good ride quality. Even my next upgrade would be the same.
  4. anrawat

anrawat Timido

Facing problem with my tyre upsize and alloys

Hello friends,

I require your suggestions to overcome the issues i am facing with my tyre upsize and alloys. Recently i fitted 14'' alloys with 185/70 R14 tyres, while fitting the alloys the guys pulled out the screws from the drum which use to hold the tyres & drum, same happened as the alloys don't have space for those screws so they removed it. while driving the car now i am getting noise from the drum and sometimes tyres noise.

I visited fiat service centre today and they told me this whole problem. They are advicing me to use bigger bolt of fine threading so it can hold the alloys and tyres with the drum.

If some one ever faced this problem and is from Hyderabad please let me know the solution on the same..
    I think i made the wrong decision of alloys:A.
  5. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    what is PCD of your new alloys, the role of the screw that they pulled out is nothing but to guide while replacing the wheel.
    It may not be the cause of your issues.
  6. anrawat

anrawat Timido

PCD of new alloy is 100 pcd, the alloy wallas pulled out the two small nobs they are on drum to hold the tyre while fitting the tyre.
  7. anrawat

anrawat Timido

I got this done from ashoka wheels in hyderabad.
    I just got the tyre upgrade as well i fitted the alloys 14'', while fitting the new alloys they removed 2 small bolts while fitting .
    While driving i am getting the noise, when i visited fiat workshop they told me this problem that as the 2 small bolts are removed while fitting the alloys the noise is coming.
  8. Those things where they fix onto a plate sort of thing with thread at the rear and pointed without threading in the front?
    The guide screws?

Did they do something to the alloy to fix the bolts properly?
    Like making the holes lil bigger?
    What sound are you getting exactly?
    Metals rubbing each other? The quality of work from ashoka wheels has come down drastically in the last few months.

What did the guys at tejaswi tell ou?

Can you call me once at 9885400000?
    I might be able to help you out.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  9. anrawat

anrawat Timido

yes :) the guide screws