1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fun driving & tyre upsize with pics

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anrawat, Sep 25, 2011.

1. anrawat

anrawat Timido

Hello friends,
    From the day i bought my car it has been a nice driving experience, till date i didn't got chance to go for long drives but would like to share the driving experience in city itself.

The torque and the power of this car is unbelievable, i could easily shift to fifth gear so easily with so much power. In traffic no accelerator the car moves so good on clutch itself wowwww. when we talk about the fuel efficiency its too gr8 with a new car was able to get 17 kmpl in city conditions.Overall i would say this giant is much better than other other cars in the same segment present in the market.

I just had my tyre upgradation:) pics follows

IMG00125-20110925-1226.jpg

IMG00127-20110925-1227.jpg

IMG00128-20110925-1227.jpg

IMG00129-20110925-1227.jpg
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sexo set of wheels there, though they are a very old design it simply looks crazy on the punto(i personally love it), wish u had 15", congrats wonderfull choice there

Harmony & chaos
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

the design looks good, but personally, I think it would have been a killer if the size was 15".

Please do use an alloy wheel cleaner \ break dust repellent and keep her shining.
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good upgrade, you have better GC now. Hows the Turanza behaving in terms of comfort and grip?
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    how does he get better GC??? what is the upgrade size???
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    He has changed the tyre profile from 175 70R14 (Emotion) to 185 70R14
  7. anrawat

anrawat Timido

The grip is superb i get more control now on the steering wheel. The ground clearance is more as of now in comparision to what i use to get earlier.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

The time i visited my fiat workshop they told me there was some problem with 15'' alloy, due to the 100 pcd problem. they told me some guys faced problem while running the vehicle as the Tyre came out automatically while running at high speeds. Due to this reason i thought of going with 14'' alloy wheels.

Personally i wanted to upgrade to 15'' alloy and broad tyres to get my monster a sexy look but ...
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There are some dumb dealers who don't have 98PCD 15" alloys in stock and simply try to sell whatever they have in stock, and publish all sort of imaginative stories. Never mind, those muscular tires and alloys are sexy too.
  9. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats the greatness of her. She looks damn good in any thing you throw at her::T.No wonder she is the envy of many unfortunate people who didnt have the guts to buy her.:mrgreen:
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran for the new Punto's 'Emotion variant', the tire size is 165/80 R14. Earlier they used to give 175/70 r14.
    The radius of 165/80 R14 is 309.62 mm & that of 185/70 R14 is 307.08 mm.