1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Full Synthetic Gear Oil

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by moksh, May 30, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Slowly yet surely we are able to source almost all parts for FIATs without having to knock on there doors and that's a really wonderful thing IMO.
  2. hilroy

hilroy Timido

Goa
    will it be okay to use the Mobil Mobilube Gx 80w90 as it is a mineral oil???????
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The gear oil used by FIAT - "Tutela" by Petronas is available in the open market. You can use that.

Or use any good quality gear oil and replace every 30k. I personally replace the gear oil in the Palio every 15k. Most gear oils are usually around 90weight. Not much rocket science in them.

Cheers.
  4. hilroy

hilroy Timido

Goa
    No FIAT fluids are available in open markets in Goa. and Tutela being a synthetic oil, will it be okay to use a mineral oil in place of that?????
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    Yeah ofcourse. The gearbox in the Linea/Punto is not a new unit, its an old one. Run any good quality 90weight oil in there

The Tutela is already water like to begin with, so I am sure it was selected for providing less resistance ( hence greater efficiency) rather than outright gear protection.

Consult an experienced mechanic as well.

Cheers.
  6. hilroy

hilroy Timido

Goa
    Thanx bro.... was confused.... m disappointed with the TASS so have decided to service my car with a local mechanic who has worked with TASS.... sourcing all the fluids my self.....
  7. Here is one alternative to Tutella Welcome to Motul[quality]=23&f[range]=25
    AllGearEP-80W90.jpg

Alternative to Paraflu

http://www.99rpm.com/service/oils-lubs/coolants/motul-inugel-expert-coolant-1l.html
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Yeah. Use any Motul products without thinking twice. Excellent quality.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    that's great news paaji, i saw motul products on 99rpm but was hesitant.
    will order these now . I'm getting my car serviced by next weekend max
    lets see
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Motul is a world leader and supplies "base stocks" to many other oil companies which market them as their own products after some tinkering. India has not been an active market for Motul but I see they are aggressively trying to enter it now. They have started supplying oil to Royal Enfield and some others as OEM oil i think.

Rest assured on Motul. I have always purchased Motul for my Enfield from the authorised distributor only.

Cheers.