1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fulfilling my dream

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by aruncep, Sep 26, 2013.

1. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for confirming Nadeem and Ravi.

I did the PDI as per our checklist and didnt notice anything unusual except for couple of things. First one was a problem with the glove box and the second one was that the interiors were not clean as i expected. SA promised to fix these at the time of delivery.

The spare tire is 14" JK. Is this normal? Also I see a warning telling that with spare tyres we shouldnt cross 80 KMPH.

Out of my excitment to do PDI I forgot to carry a camera, so couldnt click any photographs.

But will make sure I will click and share the pics at the time of delivery. Thanks to all.
  2. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    I am expecting the delivery of the car on Thursday, 10th Oct 2013. I am planning for a long ride the very next day which will be around 1500 Kms. Is this fine to go for a long ride soon after delivery? If yes, can someone advice me what are the things that i need to take care during this journey?
    Will post pictures, my delivery experience and my travel experience as soon as I come back to Chennai.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations on PDI, and we will wait for your ownership thread soon.
    Perfectly normal issues and should be corercted easily.

14" is the tyre they are providing now a days, so no worries. Assumption is spare rim/tyre will be used only in case of puncture, so 80 speed is safe speed. Not to think much about it.

Should not be any issue, try to keep RPM under 3K.
    Note down all service centers in-route, in case you need. Do read manual once.
    2 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on the car, Arun. Eagerly waiting for your ownership log. :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Shouldnt be an issue. Get the basics checked like the oil, coolant, fluids level and ensure the tyres are properly inflated. Its a known fact the dealers over inflate the tyre pressure during delivery. Keep the neccessary documents handy. Try not to revv too hard during the run in period. Maintain constant speeds preferably.

All the best and drive safely.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There is a TFIan who purchased a Punto 90hp from Delhi and straightaway went to his hometown of Nagpur. ;)

Drive without any worry. Since your engine is brand new, just don't stick to one particular rpm for long periods. Keep varying it (say a few km's at 2000rpm, then the next few at 2200-2300, then back again or higher/lower as you wish) and it'll be fine. Not sure how the roads are where you're going, but around here you can hardly maintain a constant rpm for a few km's tops.

Also, one worry which we often hear is - should I cross 2000rpm or not. I say it's a non-issue. Just do not redline it or take it 4000+rpm all of a sudden ; apart from this drive normally. The key is - being gradual.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations Arun.Waiting to see your car's pics & ownership review.
  8. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Dear All,
    Took the delivery of the car yesterday. The entire delivery process was smooth. I had never experience this kind of a delivery celebration-cake cutting, etc. I never experienced this when I took the delivery of my Wagon R. Photograps and detailed delivery experience to follow soon.

I have a query. I am travelling to my hometown today. Is there a speed limit that i have to maintain? As adviced by fellow members I am strictly keeping the RPM inside 3K.
  9. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Keeping in 100-110 would be safer. That is what I have been instructed when I got into my ride to hometown next day to the delivery.
    1 person likes this.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Rev as you wish in top gear but in other gears stick within 3k rpm. Be gentle with the throttle and brakes. Good enough. :)
    1 person likes this.