1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fulfilling my dream

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by aruncep, Sep 26, 2013.

1. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Finally my dream have come true with regards to owning a fiat but have to go with my family and head by not booking a T-Jet and booking a Linea Dynamic MJD. I made a booking for Oceanic Blue at Ramkay Fiat, Chennai on 25th Sept 2013.

As of now I have given only 5K as booking amount and the car loan from SBI will get approved tomorrow and will be dispursed tomorrow itself. I was informed that the car is already there in their yard but the SA have not yet shared me the VIN number and she is waiting for someone to pass on the information to her. My query is at what stage I can do the PDI of the car. Is it after releasing car loan or before it or after the total payment? I am planning for a car loan of 7L and the remaining 2.5L with my own funds.

Need your advice/suggestion. Thanks.

Also I would need the latest version of the PDI checklist. Appreciate if someone can share that.

Now I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank each and every one in this family in helping me take the best decision.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations. :)

You can do PDI anytime whenever you want. There is no restriction asking you to pay first and do PDI later. Nor should there be any restriction on getting to know the VIN's of the cars in the lot to check up manufacturing date etc.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations Arun for booking Linea Dynamic MJD.Looking forward to see your car's pics.
  4. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for your reply. Will try to do the PDI today itself..
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Congratulations on the car booking Arun. Normally there are 2 stages for PDI. Firts a general PDI before the car goes for registration where you confirm the car manufacture is as per the VIN provided and a general exterior/interior checks. You do this to ensure the car alloted to you is good in all respects and you are happy with it coz once the car goes for registration, the dealer will not entertain any replacements. Second PDI is during delivery where you ensure the car is checked and inspected thoroughly. View attachment Pre Delivery inspection of new vehicle.doc
    Have attached the second PDI checklist for reference. Hope this helps.
    1 person likes this.
  6. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks a lot for your input Ghodlur.

Also I would like to update one more thing regarding my car loan. I wanted to go with SBI and can anyone guess the timeframe in which i got the loan amount disbursed??? Yes in less than 48 hours friends. I handed over all the requested documents to the SBI representative on 25th Sept 2013 at around 2:30PM and the loan amout was credited in Ramkay's HDFC bank account on 27th Sept 2013 at around 10:30AM. It was an amazing experience for me. I would like to thank Ramkay for refering the SBI representative Shankar Raman (If anyone needs his mobile number is 09940920545) attached to the SBI, Kotturpuram Branch.

Have requested for VIN number and also told the SA that I need to do the PDI today.

Will be back with more updates.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  8. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Got the VIN number as MCA110GDB09032676GKZ

MCA - FIAT INDIA
    110GDB - 1.3-JTD-90CV-CF4- DYNAMIC
    0 - CONSTANT
    9032676 - Serial number/chassis number
    GKZ - JULY 2013.

Please confirm if my de-coding is correct or not. Thanks in advance.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Decoding is correct.::T
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Arun.Your de-coding is correct.July 2013 is gud.Your Linea is just 2 months old.did u got some pics of ur car while doing PDI today?