1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by bnzjon, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @bnzon: any clues from where the power was taken for the illuminations of sill plate
  2. From the cabin lights just above the internal rear view mirror.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The illuminated T-JET sill plates look awesome Mr. Bnz ::T

I asked for these at my dealership along with a few other accessories like the Punto and Linea scale model back in August and September 2010 but all I could get was the Linea scale model.

These lapel pins can be used to make our own FIAT keychain. :) I will try to contact FIAT and see if they can ssend a few of these to the dealership in this region.
  4. Finally did the tints for glasses from 3M (Shri Balaji Agencies, Teynampet, Opp SIET College, Chennai).
    Balaji Agencies is the sole distributor of 3M films for entire Tamilnadu.

Front Windsheild : CR70
    Sides/Back : RE35

CR70 has 59% heat rejection and 70% visible light transmittance
    RE35 has 56% heat rejection and 37% visible light transmittance

Total Cost :
    CR70 - Rs. 6500
    RE35 - Rs. 5670

I got a discount of 10 percent from the above listed price. I paid Rs.10,953 in total.

Enquired about underbody coating and they said all Linea/Punto come with Antirust treatment done at the factory itself. They infact showed me the rubbery coating underneath the car which is the Antirust treatment.

Note to all Chennai friends :
    1. 3M prices were increased effective 1/March.
    2. Sri Balaji Agencies is relocating to Guindy Industrial Estate effective next month.
  5. At 3M, prices were classified in to 4 categories - Small, Medium, Large & Extra Large.

Linea is under 'extra large' along with Laura, Superb, Accord etc which puts it in the highest price bracket (City & Vento are Large; Manza is medium).

I have seen the same classification at Privilege Carz Spa, Nandanam too.
  6. Purchased these FIAT embroidered Seat belt (shoulder) pads from eBay for $3.8 + $5 for postage (total Rs. 411)

They are made of soft elasticised polyestered cotton and have a velcro for fixing on the seat belts.

[attachment=1:3oobepxg]DSC01063.JPG[/attachment:3oobepxg]

[attachment=0:3oobepxg]DSC01064.JPG[/attachment:3oobepxg]

DSC01063.JPG

DSC01064.JPG
  7. My Jet completed one month and 1000 km's last week.

Though i vowed to strictly follow the Run-in period until 2500 kms, i have broken the rule more than once atleast every week. The Turbo is very addictive resulting in short sprints of 140 - 150 kmph on many occassions.

Sedate to moderate foot driving gives me an amazing mileage of around 11 to 12 in Chennai city B2B driving. I am quite happy about it.

The mileage during the intial days were in the range of 10 to 11 kmpl and with ageing, the Jet returns an impressive mileage of 11 to 12 kmpl in city conditions.

Yet to take her on the highways, thanks to the tight work schedule in the last one month.

I don't have to talk about her performance and handling, as we all know. Ride is well balanced and the turbo is definetely addictive.

Any niggles with the car ? i could hear a faint rattling after the sunfilm installation from the rear. After an hour's investigation by self, realised that the seat belt casings were pushed under the seats while the rear glasses were tinted. Its all fine now.

Awaiting the run-in period to get over.

You can see the mileage figures during the initial days and as of today.

[attachment=1:exnvam3h]DSC01030.JPG[/attachment:exnvam3h]

[attachment=0:exnvam3h]DSC01065.JPG[/attachment:exnvam3h]

DSC01030.JPG

DSC01065.JPG
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    That's a good mileage for City driving, Binze
  9. amar_oct19

amar_oct19

New Delhi
    hi guys...there is a small issue with my car..!!!!
    i drove my tjet after a few days and whenever i apply brakes there is a ghad ghad kind of sound(as if a rotating thing is stopping slowly)....its kinda weird coz the acceleration is normal and the ride is smooth but whenever i apply the brakes this sound is heard...
    so my question is that: did it happen to you guys,...should i go to the service centre....ive driven just about 300 odd kilometers.....
  10. The sound may be coming from the struts. Suggest, you visit the TASS for support.