1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by bnzjon, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Last week, did a weeklong round trip to Mysore and Wayanad, Kerala

MID details that were noted during the trip:

Total distance covered : ¬ 1500 Kms
    Overall average Consumption: 12.3 km/lt
    Top speed: 170 km/hr

As usual, felt very confident at top speeds, Brilliant handling and dynamics. I simply loved it.

This car is an extraordinarily attractive combination of a practical family sedan and a sportscar. I love her sportiness, power, performance and comfort.

She maintained absolute calmness and composure at speeds above 140 km/hr. You draw a line, be it straight or curved, she never, not even once, went out of the line.

Few irritants were the absence of bottle holders, wind noise passing through the door and ovrm during high speeds, High beam not adequate for highways.

Though the average mileage shown in the Mid is 12.3 km/ltr, there were times the mileage dropped to 7-8 km/lt whenever the speed crossed 140 km/hr. Speeds between 100 to 140 km/lt gave me between 10 to 12 km/lt.

The Best mileage I got is 18 when the speed is limited to 100 kmph. See the MID below:

15062011073.jpg

Some pictures of Wayanad (captured with my mobile). Will post more pictures later.

DSC01224.jpg
    DSC01235.jpg
    DSC01246.jpg
    DSC01359.jpg
    DSC01387.jpg
    DSC01335.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Hey, Binze

The place looks awesome. Full of greenery & water
  3. mat46

mat46

Mumbai/Kochi
    I did a trip last week from Kochi to Chennai & back in my Tjet+.

My average was 12.8 km/ltr, and could do 135 kmph max.On Thpough on the toll roads I was constantly between 120 to 130 kmph range.
    Though I overtook most cars on the road, I found that whenever I slowed to overtake trucks, I invariably got overtaken by Swifts. They were able to go through gaps better.

On my return trip, I had nail on one of my tyres(found that only the next day), the car gave no indication of it during the drive.

thanks

Mat46
  4. Hi

Tjet = Jet. Nice car and nice place. am also own tjet plus.

Proud to own TJET.
  5. That's a coincidence. I reached Chennai on Saturday and while cleaning the car on Sunday, i found a nail struck in the rear left tyre. Tried pulling it out but air was losing, so struck it back in the tyre itself.
    Immediately drove off to the tyrewala (1/2 km from my place) and fixed the puncture.

I never realised and the car gave no indication of it. That's the good thing about tubeless tyres.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Nice pictures Binzi,nice place.So,is a travellogue thread following??!
  7. geeash

geeash

Chennai
    where did you disappear mate? no posts for nearly 30 days? gone to singapore along with rajnikanth?? :)
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  8. Skandyhere

Skandyhere

Mat46, why would you 'slow down' to overtake trucks? Did not really understand the situation you describe.

And if you slowed down and then sped up again, any car doing a constant speed can and will overtake you. That is no statement of how well a car goes through gaps.
  9. Got a call from Concorde-Chennai in the morning. The lady at the other end informed that Fiat is recalling Linea's for Rear Axle replacement as a safety measure.

She was clueless and dint knew any further. Trying to reach the SA to know more on this. Has anyone received similar calls from Tass ?
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011