1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel price - Discussion

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by basis, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    A good diwali seems to be in place this time with the diesel prices reduced by 3.72 in Mumbai. The newspaper today carried an article which says diesel has been deregulated as the EC code of conduct was off. Hopefully the crude prices stay the same for the coming months or go down (actually I cant say that since I work in Oil & gas industry which means lesser or no bonus). The mango man should benefit from this.
    sathishgv likes this.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am also working in the same industry, @ghodlur.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    pabhishek and asimpleson like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The government has increased excise duty on diesel and petrol by Rs 2 a litre, and said it would set aside the proceeds to build roads.

The new levy won't affect the price that consumers pay while filling up vehicles at pumps, as it would be offset by fuel retailers against a fall in crude oil prices. This is the third time since November that the government is increasing the duty, which has kept the fall in local fuel prices much smaller compared with international rates.

We may have to be prepared for high fuel costs when the Oil prices start to recover.

Read more at: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
  5. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Ravi likes this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Can anyone update about what will be the price in Pune city after this cut?:)
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I fail to wonder why every price cut for diesel is lesser than petrol. Wouldn't reducing diesel price by the same price as for petrol not bring down inflation much faster than expected.

On the other side Brent crude has been on a rise for the past 4-5 trading sessions. Its almost close to 57$ from 52$.