1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel price - Discussion

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by basis, Jan 24, 2012.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am not sure that is the only reason the UPA government lost. Inflation has been an issue since many decades.

Things will have and always will be bad for the poor, rather they will go to worst. The middle income household can well borderline to the poor category in no time. Look at the once deemed superpower America. While they have progressed well in great many areas, they still have poor too. Except the guy sells of his car on EMI and pays for insurance or dream of sending his child to private school.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The under recovery to OMC's as of 1st june 14 is Rs.2.80/-. More detail can be found here. For ease of reference i am attaching the details only for diesel.

diesel price buil-up.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I for one would want the govt to end the miniscule fuel price rise esp for diesel every month and hike the price equivalent under recovery amount once for all so that the diesel car owners can drive in peace for atleast couple of months. The small penny rise is slow poisoning.
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    hmm..... Its sad that wrong policies continues even with new Govt.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The reports says "projected drop in revenue losses on the fuel to a record low of Rs 1.65 per litre". So, if the price is deregulated today, the cost of Diesel would increase by Rs. 1.65. Is this going to make big difference? Or am I getting wrong here?
  6. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Can we term this as subsidy especially in the case of petrol and diesels? It can be called subsidy only if the cost price of fuels are more than the current.

- - - Merged Post - - -

1.65 + taxes makes it around 2 Rs per litre. Medias predicting 2 Rs Hike. People who have shares in oil companies are the only group getting benefited with this and cooperates like Reliance. ;)
  7. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There are no conspiracy theories. You are very correct. Oil practically dictates world politics. Whole world is dependant on this.
  9. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not thinking on conspiracy line... I am sensing with the name of subsidy their may be cuts are going to this political system.... Since few decades.

It is true that Oil practically dictates world politics... But our political system is so moron that, in 90's when Iran decide to give us Crude Oil in Indian Rupees, they prefers to buy in Dollars.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If I have correct info they were also dependant on American vote for financial aid via world financial institutions and there have been western forces trying their best to keep oil pipelines reaching South-East Asia to keep them Iranians under their thumbs by crippling them financially. Besides our neighbour would never want to pass this over their land without getting more financial aid and other political assurances from the west.