1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel price - Discussion

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by basis, Jan 24, 2012.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    This is EXACTLY what was scaring me and it may happen! Again the government will make a stupid move like they did with the small car excise norms. If the dimensions are not a parameter then we will see manufacturer's downsizing the engines and bringing in more sluggish cars. As if we don't have wheezy 1.2L petrol hatcbacks that now we will have sluggish sedans.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Diesel deregulation could be announced in budget.

The oil ministry is preparing a fresh proposal for the Cabinet to deregulate diesel, as a projected drop in revenue losses on the fuel to a record low of Rs 1.65 per litre by June 15 provides an opportunity to the new regime to reduce the annual Rs 140,000-crore fuel subsidy burden.

Read more at:
    Diesel deregulation could be announced in budget - The Economic Times
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A welcome move I must say for the betterment of this country. At one side we take loans as a nation and on other hand give subsidy to people who don't need it or rather don't deserve it. However, government must exercise tighter control on prices via curbing greedy and lobbying oil congolmerates.
    2 people like this.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    This will impact price of each and every commodity and every other thing that is transported by road... Life will become costlier "Ache din ane waale hai"
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Shashank 'Roti, Kapda aur Makaan" are three things any government should work hardest to see that people can afford. Transport is perhaps the fourth thing. Improving mass transports and laying better framework for mass transport needs is more crucial for a sustainable development. As far as cars are there, they just fail to imitate the west earlier due to vested interests of corporate giants and corrupt ministers.

I have seen that a man making 5k a month buying a 10k mobile and buying a 200Rs. meal at MacDonalds cribs about increasing cost of vegetable. I mean there are cheaper phones and better snacks at 1/10th the prices. There is no harm in living and dreaming big. There will be more harm to nation if savings and interest rates are not revised to a point where it would create lots more employment and business generation.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  6. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    i dont think you understand what shashank wants to convey, i think he wants to say everything in india is transpoted via trucks will get costly so even the eatbles also get costly by this step also kapda and makan because indirectly everything is transpoted via roads like for makan the materials etc
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I understood perfectly the first time mate. :)

The points I am making are that we are the ones who will ultimately pay at a later date. Where do you think the losses due subsidy will be recovered from. It's not as simple as writing off a bad debt. We are as a nation are procrastinating our problems. Government can be only as effective as the people who elect understand the real issues. What you are saying is the effect and I am pointing towards the root or cause of the mess. It's upto us to embrace or fight the problems today or shift it to later dates, which never helps IMHO.

Taking measures to improve business loans, housing loans and savings rates can affect the Aam Aadmi. But that's just a tiny part of the whole equation I understand.
    2 people like this.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Interesting.... I thought inflation was the reason why previous government lost and now inflation risk with current government is welcomed...

Imagine if diesel price increases by Rs. 5 flat... means the transport cost will go up by Rs. 1 per km... this will have impact on anything and everything....it will become tougher for poor.
  9. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gaurav

inflation and prices are never been proportional to the fuel price hike. This economics has been given by some the most moron finance ministers and so called economist of this country.

We need to understand that all this subsidies and freebies given by this politicians in the name of "Poor Peoples benefit" is the real problems of this inflation. If this money wisely used in infrastructure development than "Roti, Kapada or Makan" will never been problem for us.

As asimpleson said solve the root cause rather just delaying the problems. With this government also can start looking at tax Reformation process.
    1 person likes this.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    By the way how much is the deficit with respect to the current price. I recollect reading it as Rs. 2.3 per litre, even if hiked it would not matter much in the longer term. However, what is being a bigger burden is the cooking gas and kerosene subsidy.

Or continuing the current 50 paise hike per month will get to that price in about 4-5 months assuming the crude price dont shoot up and Rupee does not differentiate. The sooner the government gets this done, the better it is to manage the fiscal deficit.
    3 people like this.