1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel price - Discussion

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by basis, Jan 24, 2012.

1. basis

basis Amatore

100% corrrec.

FIAT India is it's own enemy.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Imagine you own a factory where there is a capacity to produce 100 items monthly. Out of those 100 you are only able to sell 10 items in a month. Suddenly someone comes along and offers to purchase 50 items from you every month.

What will you do? Will you keep on under-utilising your factory's resources (and your investment) or shake hands with the prospective buyer and intend to completely utilize your factory's capability.

I hope it's a bit clear-er now. Sometimes you have to do things which may not seem correct, in general.

2 people like this.
  3. IMHO - considering the "brand perception" factor, these cars will sell in good numbers even without Fiat's engine. How many of the Swift DDiS owners will know that their car engine is from Fiat! For most of them it is a Maruthi-Car and diesel means less running cost.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Well this news is a horror for Diesel mills.81 k for smaller Diesel Engines?Ridiculious!!Just think how much an Audi or a BMW will fill up the pockets of Babus??
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

There are three lobbies at work. Petrol lobby is led by Maruti, Hyundai; Diesel by Tata, Mahindra and manufacturer lobby by SIAM. Amongst many proposals, one is to increase the cost of diesel vehicle by 10%, and make road tax payable annually. Govt will have to take a middle path where the bike driving fellow is not seen as paying for fuel used by Merc driving fellow. Some kind of announcement is expected in budget 2012. It could also bring rationalisation of fuel pricing.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Confusion :(

What is Multi - Air?
    Is this is a bad time to buy a diesel car and worth waiting for the budget?
    If I buy a diesel now, will i need to pay this additional tax on diesel cars when it comes into force?
    The cost of Punto 1.4Fire is the same as 90 1.3 MJD Emotion. Is the Petrol really worth looking at?
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Another report is out. It states that of all the cars sold in 2011-12 , 40% of the cars will use diesel.

These reports have a way of playing with words. The title states that "Diesel cars guzzling 40% of segment's fuel". As if the fuel usage by all cars on road will be 40% diesel and 60% petrol.

Bear in mind, this report is by a NGO. So no guarantees about its authenticity and veracity.

'India will pay a heavy price': Diesel cars guzzling 40% of segment's fuel, says study - The Times of India

- Also, what is the policy regarding diesel fuel usage in fuel guzzling Shopping malls? Do they use subsidized diesel available at the pump or is there any other arrangement? These malls drink diesel as if there is no tomorrow.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

What was appearing a random sequence of events, is fitting into one single picture perfectly now.
    Increase the Petrol slowly (44 ps , 55 ps, rs 1.23 ps with some odd shocks like 4 rs - 5 rs in between).
    Got it up from Rs. 44 to Rs. 72 in two years very smartly.

Similarly with CNG (21 paisa, 22 paisa, what the hell:A??). They brought it up from Rs. 19-20 to Rs. 33 in 2 yrs.
    Now the last alternative is Diesel which they are closing with a smart move.

Since increasing diesel prizes will disturb the vote-bank, they have increased Exise on diesel cars by Rs. 80000 & unloaded all blames on automakers. I have doubts that it will end up here. Let's see what they come up with-in next 6 months.
    No way Petrol could come down back to Rs. 40 once the economy recovers (economy downturn is sighted for this increase but they will never restore the original pricing). I doubt if it will be reduced less than Rs 70 (they will reduce it by Rs. 1 or 2 if people reacted aggressively).

The net-outcome is only rich can afford to buy a car just like the scenario 15-20 Yrs back.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Enki: Has the 80,000 rupee additional duty on diesel cars come into play with immediate effect? Or do we still have time to book a car?

MODS NOTE - Please quote only the relevant section of the post you wish to quote, and not the entire post as such. Kindly go through THIS POST
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

if you want FIAT India to stay in India then you have to live up with that decision. Also FYI when there was a strike going on in Maruti, who do you think got ultimately benefited?? FIAT/TATA?? Check it out buddy, they were Polo, Figo & that one ugly @#$% we call Beatz. I have always maintained that people excuse not to buy a FIAT, so Polo, Figo & ugly@#$%^ sales zoomed up being an excuse. Moreover, Sergio Merchionne is hell pleased with Suzuki's gutsy attitude when they stood against VW. He stated "Suzuki with limited business but based on ethics & guts, i admire that". Since VW - FIAT are traditional & natural rivals, FIAT loves to play havoc with market when it comes to VW & be very sentimental for their friends even if it costs them some business. Now when FIAT would supply 1,00,000 power-trains, who will get a hit at collar-bone??? Punto???
    It's POLO, FIGO & Ugly @@#$$%. Who will get the revenue?? It's Maruti + you know FIAT;-).

FIAT is not aiming for 10000 cars a month for now, that all i can say. They are satisfied with any small no. that give them a good laugh:devilface. It will generate some revenue for FIAT which they can invest for their infrastructure in India. Crystal clear policy with their rivals having flames under-neath, Polo, Figo & that ugly#$$%.