1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel lid broken in my Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Gopi, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

I have a broken fuel lid (the body colored part) in my Punto which I guess happened when somebody knocked over an open fuel lid by mistake. My brother in law was using my car for a week and I guess he released the fuel cap release button instead of boot release and did not close it.

Did anybody here face a similar issue and got it replaced from TASS. I am just curious to know the cost and availability. I am anyway taking the car to TASS this weekend to fix it.
  2. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have an issue with locking mechanism. It is made of very cheap plastic.
    Have not yet replaced reason: unavailability of part and not following up.
    It will be replaced FOC.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

That can be replaced easily..and the cover doesn't cost much..
  4. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

Fuel lid broken in Punto

sanjeev, jishnu Thanks. I worry they might not have it in ready stock. Will check with them this weekend
  5. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

An update on my broken fuel lid. I went to Concorde Mysore road for replacement last week. As expected they did not have it in stock. The spare parts guy said he has ordered it and will get the lid this week. Unfortunately, he was still not sure of status when I called him yesterday. I have a long drive coming up this long weekend and hence called KHT and Prerna motors yesterday. KHT motors said they have lid in stock. Have dropped the vehicle today morning at KHT. Had to drive all the way from Rajarajeshwarinagar to Whitefield just for this today morning and took about 2 hours to reach there.

The estimate given is as below

Unpainted fuel lid = Rs.200
    Painting to match car color = Rs.600.

Hopefully I will get the car back today evening
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Gopi you could have bought the unpainted lid from KHT and gone to the A.S.S near your place!!
  7. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

shams, yes. I could have done that. I never thought about it. My office is in Domlur and I thought KHT was another 12 kms from there.

Anyway, I got the car delivered at 5.30 PM as promised. KHT has done a neat job in the replacement and painting. Driving back was a big pain in the peak hour traffic. I did a grave mistake of driving through outer ring road and with the three flyovers under construction, I wasted an hour just to cover 3 kms on the outer ring road.