1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Leakage problem in Linea Petrol

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Siddhartha86, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this is a serious problem.. the fact that it only leaks during top up states that there shoould be sum issue with the connecting pipe from the fuel inlet to the tank... If its the tank then it should leak always when there is fuel which is not the case.. ive never faced such a problem on my MJD punto.. Better tk it up to the Service station...
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Guys this happens only when i top up worth Rs2100 around 32ltrs..i only tank up when the amber light comes up..the pump is just nxt to my building...that means presuming 7ltrs of reserve and 32ltrs of top up only 39ltrs can my car take while the tank is 45ltrs?? and to add to it the leakage...complete loss to me

Have given my car to galaxy today..hope they will rectify..they said they will check the O-ring and some clip of some pipe..dunno wat it is called..
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Update:

Rats were the cause for it..Seen the pipe..its called vaccum pipe..but the saddest part is it comes only in an assembly known as Filler tube hose assembly which costs Rs7100/- incl taxes..Ordered the pipe and will get the work done tomorrow..

One query:

Fellow member Kailashnj told me to do a lacquer coat on those pipes...is this gonna help in any way for ward off rats for good??
  4. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore
    I had the same problem on my very first drive with Linea. The fuel tank is located below the seat and you can see the a lid if you remove the seats from its position. There is a washer that seals the lid. The washer ,if improperly mounted, can break causing fuel to leak .

5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    I have faced this on my TJET as well... The petrol pump guys usually put in a little extra after the tank is full to reach a round figure. I have noticed the fuel leaking on 2-3 occasions.
    Next time I refueled I put in petrol a little lesser than the full tank capacity and didnt find any fuel leaking. Apparently the solution is not to fill up the tank up to the brim...
  6. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore
    Fuel Leak !!

I have suspected there is a fuel leak in my Linea. I have not been driving my car to work of late and I discovered that fuel vanishes by end of the week. See the pictures attached. One picture shows the position of the fuel indicator as on 31 July and as on today. between these two days, I have run only 3 kms. I have been having suspicion since couple of weeks and now its confirmed :-(.
    1. I do not smell petrol inside the car
    2. I do not see traces of petrol under the car chasis
    3. I do not smell petrol around the fuel lid.

Where is all the fuel going???. HELP!

IMG00003-20110731-2004.jpg

IMG00004-20110803-2032.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011