1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel filter - Is it necessary to change every 15000 kms?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by chethansgangoor, May 14, 2013.

1. Gurus..Is it really required to change the fuel filter once a year/15,000 kms mandatory? Can we extend the change by another 5k and replace once in 20000 kms ? I understand that forgoing maintenance usually means repairs later on. But the cost of fuel filter is almost same as engine oil + oil filter replacement.Is there a way to find weather the filter requires a change easily?

Did any one tried the below filter from 99rpm? does it come with sensor or without sensor? is it better than fiat OE fuel filter?
    Fuel filter:
    Diesel fuel filter for Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 multijet

Rs. 1906

Fiat Service guys quote: 2060 with sensor.

Also there are two different brand oil filter in 99rpm, are these good for our cars?

Oil filter:
    Oil Filter | PI-530300| Fiat Grande Punto, Palio Stile and Linea with 1.3 Multijet diesel engines
    Oil Filter| PI-4345| 1.3MJD
    Rs. 130

Sofima Brand Oil filter for Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Multiject diesel and Fiat Linea 1.3 Multijet Diesel
    Oil Filter | S 5031 PE| 1.3 MJD
    Rs. 255
  2. You can get OEM ufi without sensor for Rs 1700/- in JC road bangalore.
  3. Fuel filter without sensor is actually more cheaper. I was told by the service executive that this fuel filter has actual life of 20K kms but since service interval is 15K so precautionery they have kept it at 15K kms. Yes I do feel its expensive and our 2012 models don't even have option to use without sensor fuel filters.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Fuel filter is a absolute must .
    I've had first hand experience with a bad fuel filters.
    you will not find much difference in city since you will mostly be withing 2500RPM but on the highway the vehicle just wont pull fast enough to 3500 and beyond.
    My advice is to get it replaced periodically. Depending on the quality of fuel anywhere between 12-15k is a good time to get it changed.
    I'd lean towards 12K max
  5. Few more queries, what is the difference between fuel filter with sensor and without sensor, is there any real advantage to go for fuel filter with sensor?.
    Can we fit Suzuki swift fuel sensor into fiat? they are a little cheaper compared to Fiat ones.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    cant we repair fuel filter and re-use it ?
    1 person likes this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

It cannot be repaired,but you can replace the cartridge and re use it,but the question is,where will you find OEM filter cartridge.
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Trying to find the cartridge would probably be more expensive than the whole unit.
    Besides it's not an expensive thing to replace

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
    1 person likes this.
  9. On my last service I discovered without sensor fuel filter can be fitted into our cars. I bought the filter without sensor and carefully got the sensor of old one fitted into it. The SA says sensor has life of 60K kms. With all this smartness when I had to pay the bill I discovered the difference was merely of Rs.109/-. The car is running perfectly smooth and has already done 8500 kms since that service.
  10. It's not worth the risk you have take,