1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea MJD
    Bangalore to Bellary - ~320 kms
    Bellary to Bangalore - 320 kms approx
    Overall FE as per MID - 22.8 kmpl

4a3y6u9e.jpg

Driving style - Sedate for first 180 kms, aggressive for the remaining kms. Includes city driving as well

Max speed touched - 140 kmph
    Avg Speed - 71 kmph

uploadfromtaptalk1377277272377.jpg

Traffic - Moderate

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Made an early morning dash to the Delhi Airport at 630 AM yesterday to drop the wife off. Light traffic but enough lights , round trip of about 55 km's - got home and checked the FE out of curiosity and it was a 16.1 KMPL. biggrin.gif

This despite it not being an economy run - after a while left for office and by the time i parked in office it was showing 14.9 KMPL - so it had dropped but not by much

Nothing very unique about the drive expect for not using the AC one way , but it was on , on the way back.
    2 people like this.
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

kvk, isnt that avgspeed trip A and avg consumption B. perhaps you had reset both at sametime. anyways great figures
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sharing my experience.
    On a free level highway, drive sedately at say 65-70 range with AC ON, put the Instantaneous consumption in the MID and watch the sound of the engine. The rpm will be in the 1500 range, and you wont be hearing the "growl"(you wont even know whether the engine is running or not on such light foot). The IC will be showing some really awesome figures like 30, 35, 40 etc. Now do a hard foot and accelarate to say 100+ (rpm @ 2500-3000 range) and you will hear the famous GROWL. The moment you start hearing the GROWL, you can notice that the IC figures drops down to say 10-15 etc. What i mean to say is that, if you want to optimise mileage, you need to keep IC open on the MID and keep an eye on it. It is a telltale indicator.
    My best was 27.5 in Highway, no Traffic, No passengers aboard, AC on, sedate @70kmph for a stretch of around 75km.
    My worst was 16.4 in B2B traffic with a couple of long lights, AC On, No pasengers aboard for a stretch of 20km.
    1 person likes this.
  5. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for noticing the different pics. Uploading the round trip figures

uploadfromtaptalk1377357664541.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377357700211.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377357730021.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377357753066.jpg

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Did a Bangalore-Neyveli trip today on the 90HP.

Started by 4 15 AM from BTM Layout, had bfast at CCD, Shoolagiri after which I reset the tripmeter.

I am impressed with the stats, I was not trying to do a high speed run as car is already due for service.

The trip data includes toll gate queues, couple of bio-breaks and some real bad stretches of 2 laned roads as well.

8u2yha9y.jpg dequnage.jpg urapu2av.jpg syne7yty.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3 MJD here.. best I ever managed to touch was around 26kmpl when I got my tyres changed from NCT5 to MY02. On a drive back of about 70km, I got the said figure. I was a happy camper! Till next day, when I went in for air pressure check and i fancy I saw 46psi front and roughly same in the rear. Needless to say, I never touched 26 ever after. The best I have managed to manage is 23/24.

This is my first car and nobody ever tipped me on how to shift gears and what gears to aim to drive in. Would love some advice here, guys! I'll tell you my general shift pattern:

1st gear used to move a little.
    2nd gear slotted to about 20.
    3rd gear slotted to about 40.
    4th slotted to about 60.
    5th slotted for 60 onwards.

I however am thinking that 60kph in 4th constant gives me better mileage than 60kph in 5th constant. Really, some advise guys!
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rather than the speed, see where the engine feels comfortable and in it's happy zone. I usually stick to 80kmph in 5th and get rather good figures. Also, rather than just cruising speed a lot of it depends on the actual driving practices.
    2 people like this.
  9. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Please elaborate on the 'driving practices' ... :)

I'm generally a smoothly accelerating person, letting the engine take its time to reach its happy zone..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    ^^ For Example: In comparision to your driving technique:

Revving a lot and not waiting for the engine to take its time.
    Pushing to rpms ranging between 2.5 to 3-3.5k before slotting into the next gear. (Usually this is done with the feel of engine grunt)
    Late braking and immediately downshifting, releasing clutch right before braking. (Using engine braking for efficient braking)
    Then revving again to pick up the speed.
    Slowing down as close as possible to the vehicle ahead in city traffic, to reduce the gap.

This driving style would fetch you 12.5 - 13.5 kmpl in city and around 15-16.5 kmpl on highways :D

Different driving practices can make a huge difference in the mileage aspect.
    2 people like this.