1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    punto mjd 75 hp

the best i have recorded is 21.4 on delhi jaipur xpressway.the worst is 15.4 in dehradun city.:ugeek:
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Your city mileage is more or less ok considering the driving situations. Even I have noticed that when avg speed is @ 14 - 15 kmph, in city traffic mileage will hover @ 13 - 14 kmpl. Also it depends on the distance you drive at one go. If the distance is under 7-8 kms, mileage takes a hit.
  3. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    9000kms in 4 months!? :p You are using the diesel hatch to the best! :)
    Your city F.E. for the conditions specified by you seem to be normal. I too have got those figures sometimes. :(

But, I am not sure if your F.E. on the highways is fine et all. Apart from other technical stuffs, try to control your right leg on the accelerator pedal. ;)
    You should utilize the complete throttle before you step on the pedal again.
    Trust me, you get more than 18kmpl with 80-90kmph.
  4. Your way of driving needs to be changed, avoid clutch driving in city.
    And on higways drive at speeds south of 100kmph constantly, without hard acceleration and braking.You will be amazed by the mileage you get

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Team

What I would like to add here is instead of KMPL, its is better we look at L/100km. What I reason out is that, it looks practical to see how many liters will the car consume to travel 100kms, correct me if I am wrong, it includes the idling duration also which I think is not included in KMPL calculation. I do agree that converting l/100 to kmpl gives similar values, yet. if anyone can clarify this understanding it will help.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The kmpl figure goes down slightly when you let the engine idle for minutes altogether. After a long drive i generally let the engine idle for 2-3 minutes and there is a 0.1-0.3+ kmpl reduction in the average consumption figure.

Both these variants tell you the consumption of the engine for the distance you have already travelled. They can't really be used to predict consumption patterns unless you intend to drive on a exactly similar road under exact same conditions - which isn't really possible.

Either of them is fine. It's just that we Indians are more tuned to the kmpl figure.

Cheers.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I constantly get 15+ KMPL in the City and 20+ on Highways. I think that is pretty good for such a heavy car.
  8. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Highest Mileage Ever! [B'Looru-Saagara]-1.jpg

The snap of the maximum F.E. which I achieved, as posted earlier.
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Wow, thats amazing.
    @adigabnp, How long (i mean for how many KMs) did you manage to get that kind of mileage??
  10. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    11.8 is consistent in the city with 100% AC.