1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You may want to do a ECU reset, so all values change to the system default.
  2. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Pune
    Thanks Fiatlover. Appreciate if you can help with how do I do this?
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You can reset ECU at the service center. A few members have done that by removing the negative terminal of battery and reconnecting after 10 minutes. I havent tried that so cant confirm.
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Vineet u can try disconnecting the negative terminal first...if don't find a diff then get the ecu reset from tass...

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  5. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently, I did BengaLuru-Honnaavara round trip.

Fuel Efficiency on the MID: 29.2 kmpl
    Fuel Efficiency from full tank method: 28 kmpl

Total distance: 998kms
    Road conditions: Excellent. 2-lane NH throughout except for 4 lane for ~170kms. Ghat section for ~140kms.
    No. of people: 2
    Luggage: Minimal
    A/c usage: ~ 150kms
    Speed: Around 80kmph on normal roads and even less in ghat sections.

The F.E. on MID was 33.7kmpl when I reached Sagara from BengaLuru. It reduced later, since it's ghat sections thereafter.
    2 people like this.
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yaar, mind blowing figures.For a moment I can't believe my eyes.
    2 people like this.
  7. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Man...Its too much you are getting..
    1 person likes this.
  8. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I generally used to get 22-24kmpl on highways since I do not go beyond 100kmph.
    Since, there was ample time during this trip, we decided not to exceed 80kmph to see the difference and here it shows! I have saved at least 500/- due to this. :p
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How can I manage this while behind the wheels of a FIAT :confused

Definitely am against rash driving. But when doing empty stretches on a 6 lane highways, its way too difficult to stay below 100 kmph :evilsmile
  10. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    I was simply amazed by the FE figures quoted by fellow members, I have completed 9k in 4 months, I am getting a mileage of around 11-13 KMPL in my car, Mine is a pure city drive, I am based out of Bangalore, Here is my driving pattern

1. Most Often I don't rev the engine beyond 2400 RPM, 90% of the time I drive in 1500 - 2200 RPM band, Since Traffic is pathetic and mostly moves at a crawling pace, I cannot avoid clutch driving, I use full clutch
    Every time traffic moves a bit, I just release the clutch to move car forward, The average speed is anywhere between 15KMPH to 20KMPH , With AC I get mileage like 11-12.2 KMPL and without AC Max I got was 13.3 KMPL

2. If I take my car to highway, I drive in speeds around 120-140 KMPH, I Get around 15-15.5 KMPL, Once I drove car at speeds around 80-90 KPH, I got around 18 KMPL

Looks like something wrong either with Car or my driving style, I also got Air filter cleaned

Please help how to get better FE figures