1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Kiran, after seeing your mileage figures am little relaxed :evilsmile During my last weekend drive to native. These were the stats I achieved.

Blore to Davanagere (on NH4): @280 kms. Avg Speed @75 kmph. Spirited drive. Mileage returned: @16km/l
    Davanagere to Blore : @280kms. Avg Speed @58-60 kmph. Occational outbursts in speed. Mileage returned: @19.2km/l

Speeds above 130-140 kmph does play a role in mileage figures
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I am getting around 14.5 km/l in city with 80% AC in my new car. Did not push it beyond 90 so far yet.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 Weeks back i have done Hyd - Nalgonda - Hyd with total of 230Kms and Avg figure is 19.5 Kmpl - Avg speed - 71 Kmph with FULL A/C on. Indeed Highway traffic was very less in the Afternoon almost no braking .
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I would say, both. My earlier tyres were also wider, 195/60 R14 and I was told that it is one of the factor for low efficiency.
    With the current setup which is 205/55 R15, low FE was expected. But I am happy that it did not differ a lot from my previous FE, infact I think it is a bit more.
    Constant High speeds would definitely hinder the FE, but I am not very particular about FE. What matters more to me is the everlasting grin on my face while am at the steering wheel. Cornering is just fantabulous with the 205 section now. My next tyres for now are definitely 205/55 R15 S-drives.

The last 80kms stretch of road to Vijayawada was under repair and there was 2 way traffic on one side of the road and this slowed me down a lot and there was this huge traffic jam in Vijayawada city for around 5kms.
    While returning back to Hyderabad, the initial 10 kms was with traffic. The real Hyderabad traffic started just before entering Hyderabad. The traffic had gone worse for around 40kms from my home and it also contributed to the low FE.

I won't be bothered now for the Pune trip in the next couple of days as I already had fun on the Highway.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I haven't seen drastic difference in Multijet after reading lots of experience details :- 1-2 KMPL difference is depend on your driving stile.

As Per Kiran's Pic, As Kiran got 83 / 81 / 71 and finally 75 kmph. So I far as I know from My experience:- Kiran was doing 160-150-140 and in corner he reduced the same in 60-70. So this type of figure he achieved :).
  6. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Who said anything about slowing down at corners? ;) I was cornering at 120s and some times 140s too :) (I wish I had an on board camera) I had to slow down only when 2 vehicles were driving parallel trying to slowly overtake each other and as soon as I found the smallest gap, I would squeeze in and then vanish. Also as mentioned earlier I had to travel through some heavy traffic and that deteriorated the FE IMO.
    1 person likes this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kiran Anna - you need a seat in the Ferrari F1 team mate!
    4 people like this.
  8. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Gurjinder Paaji ..... F1 and me? No way. I would black out to the G forces even on a straight stretch.

I know it might sound ridiculous or even that I may appear exaggerating, but what ever I claim is to the best of my knowledge. I have done the above mentioned on long, wide and spacious corners and not on very sharp ones. Thats the reason why I wanted to have an on-board camera to support my claims.

I hope Vj_V1 who will be travelling with me for the Fiat Factory Visit would be kind enough to make a small video if we come across similar situations.
    1 person likes this.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

Im trying to find someone else's car to go to Pune now :anyone ;). After all, i'd love to see the doomsday on 21st Dec, why take chances and miss the opportunity? :redcar:helmet:rage
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its unbelievable but true...i got a mileage of 27kmpl twice......

Distance: 26 km from lajpat nagar to pitampura
    Mileage: 27.1 kmpl :)

I am regulary getting 18-20 kmpl without ac and less traffic.....and in traffic 14-17 kmpl without ac

I have averaged >70 kmph many times on delhi Jaipur highway...highest i think was 75 kmph
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012