1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    DRV3R even the ARAI certified mileage of 2012 models is slightly higher than the earlier models & amongst 75 Bhp & 90 Bhp again 90 scores here in case of ARAI certification.So technically 90Hp gives better mileage than the 75 Hp ones.
    1 person likes this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hi Cinju, I just checked Fiat's website and the ARAI mileage is 20.5 km/L for both the 75HP and the Sports version.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    for the first time, my mileage dropped below 14 , for last 1 week's driving in tvm city :confused::eek: ... cant get whats going wrong, will driving with ac dampen 3+kmpl ?
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    No dude you got it wrong there. For 75 Hp it is 20.3 & for 90 HP soprt it is 20.5 ;)

Desktop.jpg

@Varun even sometimes for me b2b driving in the city gives me 14.2 -14.5. I think that is normal.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

So out of the Punto(20.3 kmpl), Punto Sport(20.5 kmpl) and Linea (20.4 kmpl) diesels, the Punto 75HP is the least fuel efficient. :eek:
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    For lesser price you get less :confused.Well there is not much difference that it makes dude. But 90 is able to get better mileage in higher speeds than 70 & I have confirmed this with some of my friends too. One more thing what I have felt is a car with Automatic Climate Control gives slightly better mileage than the one which does not have an ACC. (This statement is purely from my exp & this may or may not be true).
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Forget about the ARAI figures. My Linea MJD is more fuel efficient than many of the GP 90's owned by my friends.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

So better to pick the 90HP if most of the driving is on the highways. Cool.:evilsmile

Weird, isn't it? I used to wonder how the more powerful Lauras manage the same FE as our puny 1.3L. Modern turbo-charged common rail engines are way more complex than I thought. :D
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am guessing it is so much to do with the Aerodynamics.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes Varun, it does. For me with AC office commute varies between 14 to 17 kmpl, while without AC it is 18 to 22 kmpl.