1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Makerick, good mileage. I think you were running you punto within 80-100 KMPH.
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

Suman, yes I drive in between 70 - 90. In Kerala majority of the roads are 2 lane ones and its risky to go above 100.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  3. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    MJD-like figures with my Jet. This was over a short 100km highway stretch at sedate speeds. I don't have the trip distance photo as I was driving and this was enough distraction! Somehow managed to click that one with phone.
    Overall returned 15.5 over a distance of 162km. Not bad at all.
    mileage5oct12.jpg
    4 people like this.
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    This time measured Reserve To Reserve method!!. and done 97.4km with 6 Ltr of Diesel. 80% of the drive was with in the city with AC on all the time. but MID shows only 14.8.. but actual milege is above 16..
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I got a very good mileage from home to office. I usually get around 13kmpl in this route due to very heavy traffic. As it is holiday the roads are with moderate traffic and I have cleaned my airfilter a couple of days back,

CITY- CHENNAI
    ROUTE- SALIGRAMAM-KK NAGAR-ASHOK PILLAR-KATHIPARA-RING ROAD-PALLIKARNAI-OMR THORAIPAKKAM

14112012(001).jpg 14112012.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I have done 1300 kms and consistantly I am getting 16.5 kmpl. except around 300 kms which is in heavy traffic all other travel is in the traffic less roads.

excluding the heavy traffic milage, My punto gave me 17.5 kmpl.
  7. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    This Monday (November 12th) I went to Mumbai in my 1.2 with full AC on and 2 people on board, I went till IIPS-Deonar only so I can say it was 95% highway drive only and I got 18.7 KMPL :) and today (November 14th), I drove to Ranjangaon Ganapati and then into the City Traffic, I got 18.3 KMPL :) with 3 persons and full AC.

WOW FIGURES!! :)
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Is it a fact or a myth, I have observed that 90HP variant of Punto and Linea MJD gives more FE than the 75HP.

Or is it relating to the driving style?

My 9k run MJD 75HP gives 20kmpl when driven sedately within 110kmph on the freeway. No sudden acceleration, smooth gear changes, et al.

My friend's brand new 90HP Sports, done around 700km, gave an amazing FE of 18.4kmpl for a distance of 200+kms, the driving was aggressive with bursts upto 150+. Both of us were amazed with the FE, and I could feel the extra punch given by the VGT post 130kmph.

Your views?
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ^^ Can't compare when they are driven differently under different conditions, however under similar conditions, the 90hp variant can be expected to give better FE since the higher power on tap allows the car to be driven more efficiently i.e., with lesser gear changes.
    1 person likes this.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Seems like I have turbo issues and hence loss of power and FE. Lets see, fingers crossed.