1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

And here is what I got in the first short highway ride.

FIAT - you rock.

2 people like this.
  2. singh

singh Amatore

Fiat 1.3 MJD 75HP
    14KMPL in city (chandigarh) , 90% AC is on
    18kmpl on highways . many times to delhi , AC always on.
    13kmpl on hills , AC 70%
    Once i was talking on mobile and was slowly driving car in 5th gear , just filled diesel and reset the ODO, car was crawling on 35-40 speed , was not pressing accelerator , and i talked for like 50 mins , when i checked Avg consumption it came to be 32kmpl , than again i did it for few mins , watching IC it was giving 35-40kmpl , and when I Intentionally put off AC mileage increases by 20%.
    Good to do when u r short on diesel and Pump is miles away.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Most recent test report of my MJD..

two back to back days running a total of 700kms
    [KTM-Ankamaly-Athirapally-KTM(Day 1; drive time: 05:00-07:30, 13:00-14:00 and 15:00-19:00; load: 2 adults)]
    [KTM-Thrissur-KTM-Mallapally(Day 2; drive time: 15:00-18:30 and 21:00-00:30); load: 3 adults]

got avg mileage of 23.1kmpl on ODO...even after facing rough day traffic except for around 250kms, 80% on AC, was raining most of the time...road conditions-excellent(Ankamaly-Paliyekkara:wow) to pathetic (Ankamaly-Mookkannoor-Athirapally :uh)

in between I checked FE by TFM to see it as 21.4kmpl for 320kms (filling at Perumbavoor CoCo on the return trips of day 1 and day 2) and in these 320kms was where the worst traffic was dealt, including the festival crowded Manarcad church on day 1 evening and day 2 afternoon and Srikrishna jayanti processions all along on day 1 evening.. Took the Manarcad-Uzhavoor route instead of the MC road till koothatukulam, as it is shorter distance and better roads all the way.

Reporting myself from KTM..exact place s vazhoor...
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  4. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

My fuel efficiency is damn low, I have driven about 300KMS by now mostly in city, I never crossed 2.5K RPM, I am getting mere 9.7KM/L, Please see the image,
    My question what is the exact way I should drive in bumper to bumper to traffic? to get the most mileage? This has become a major concern for me now 2012-09-11-024.jpg
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Bombay roads and traffic sucks.If traffic doesn't slow u down potholes takes over.Am getting 12-13 Kmpl in city and recent Mahabaleshwar trip (700 kms , 50-70 Kms uphill) gave me awesome 20 kmpl with 50% AC.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Just allow your car to settle down mate. 300 kms on Odo is way to low to comment about mileage. Realistic mileage can be achieved after @ 2500-3000 kms!
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

On 12/9/2012 while coming back from Pune, I completed 45000kms in my GP90 HP :). The average I got on the day was as follows:
    Dist A - 784 kms, ACA - 16.7kms/l @ avg SPD A - 38km/h. Out of 784kms, 70% will be Highway driving & balance will be city B2B. Similarly my trip B showed SPD B - 63 km/h, ACB - 18.4 kms/l & DIST B - 279.6 kms.
    Though my driving is quite spirited on the Highways but I try to be safe, getting this average is very good. I am sure with much more relaxed driving I can get better average.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

No, not really. I remember getting 25kmpl when the car had run only 500km's. It's all about the conditions and how we drive.
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

its a brand new car don;t worry..

Reset ..drive for 50kms and check again..

Make sure you are on avg mileage screen instead of real time mielage
  10. Achieved 32.9 km/l after returning from South India meet. Photo taken just after climbing down the hair pin

2 people like this.