1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Rahul, Instead of Shifting 1.6 to 1.7 K shift at 2000 RPM, when you change the gear at 2000 RPM, It will drop in 1600-1700 RPM, so you will get power on the Power band.
    Say, you are shifting gear 3 to 4, in 3rd gear punto will reach 2000 RPM at 40KMPH, so same time if you change gear to 4 then at 40KMPH you will be on 1600 RPM, you will not feel lag.
    If you shift at 1600-1700 your RPM will drop to 1100-1200. From 1100 to 1700 you will feel lag.

Try to use this and check the milage.
    1 person likes this.
  2. and another FE booster is to avoid both excess throttling and brakes... by keeping the speed and gears in control.... needs practice...but once u master it, u can drive on even the zig zag roads like mine (Kottayam-Kumily) without brakes, unless someone else brakes in front.
    1 person likes this.
  3. I avoid excess throttling and braking whenever I can. But I'll see to it that i follow the suggestions of BoseSuman and phate_b. Btw phate-b, I'm from Thiruvalla.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The car : T-Jet
    ODO reading : 743 kms
    ACC always on, set to 22 degrees

Today I got a reading of 15.7 on the MID for the commute back home. Very impressed :D :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  5. 15.7 KMPL in T-jet that too in city commute is superb IMO!! I am assuming that you have got these got these figures in city, right?
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes. City commute. Yet to take her out on a highway drive. Waiting for the cast to come off my wife's hand :)

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    15.7 in city commute on tjet is extraordinary. I dont get that mileage even in my MJD linea. In city nowdays i get 14.5 and on highways 19kmpl.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    On TFIan Ansal's T-Jet i was left shellshocked when he showed me the Tripmeter. 2000+km's (city) and 15.xx kmpl.

FIAT doesn't get credit for what they did with the T-Jet engine.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

On TFIan Ansal's T-Jet i was left shellshocked when he showed me the Tripmeter. 2000+km's (city) and 15.xx kmpl.

FIAT doesn't get credit for what they did with the T-Jet engine.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

OMG. If I needed to get above 15kmpl on my previous Santro, I needed to switch off the AC, and this from a T-Jet!!
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Please see post no 715 where in I posted the FE Highest FE achieved in my T Jet when I traveled from Bangalore to Chennai.

Bangalore to Chennai.Distance Covered:- 303.80 Km (Till Porur)

FE :- 21.6 KMPL;, Average Speed 58 Kmh.,

Distance Covered :- 336.40 KM (Chennai-Kasi Theatre).

FE :- 20.2 Kmpl.

Full Trip : 685.2 km Overall mileage : 18.2 Kmpl.Speed: 70-100 kmph

Load : 1 adult
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    4 people like this.