1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    @ urraco, how many kms on the odo in your car?
  2. Yesterday it completed 30000 kms. I got the 30000 km service done at 28000 km .
  3. Total run: 43500kms;

Avg. FE ranges from 21-23kmpl in a mix of cramped and okay kind of roads;

rarely get to see highways, and when it does the FE stands at 26-27kmpl..

Normal speeds stay in the economic 55-65kmph; 2/3rd of the time on AC.
    1 person likes this.
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

Got a decent mileage of 22.9 km/l with AC on full time.
    Distance covered was ~50kms
    Route: Anchal - Trivandrum

3 people like this.
  5. In Kerala roads, I struggle to achieve anything above 17.5 Kmpl without the AC at times... How did you manage this?! :)
  6. maverick

maverick Amatore

He he, start a bit early, then the roads are empty and then you can do a steady speed of 75 - 85 km/hr with minimal gear change. This should fetch you 20+ for sure.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Today, It was my wife's LLR test at Attapur, while returning from Attapur>NH7>Shamshabad>ORR>Gachibowli>Kondapur>Chandanagar. Almost 40 KM did the mileage test .

Mileage Fluctuaded as:- 24.5>26.9>27.8>28.2>27.5>26.5>26 at gachibowli & then in pure city finally at home it settled at 23.8 ( non AC running:- 15 Km, AC:-25 KM).

Velocity:- 70-80-90 KMPH; AVG Speed:- 51 KM/HR. It was really boring drive in highway for me, and you can't drive punto at 70 kmph in ORR. Just to check mileage I drove that way.. :)
  8. In fact, I can't believe you get an Average FE of 21-23 in cramped and okay roads.

Usually I get 16.5-17 kmpl when I topup my tank once the Low Fuel warning comes on. I must have driven the car for like 640-650 km, usually some 250 in city and approx 400 on highways. Of course, it's Kerala roads, famed for all wrong reasons.

In the city, with some decent traffic, it's like 13 kmpl, and with bumper to bumper movement, my FE is like 11 kmpl. On highways, only twice I got 25 kmpl. Rest it's usually 23.5 approximately on highways. If you're getting 21-23 in cramped roads, and that too for the 43500 kms you've done, I'm amazed and jealous of you and your machine.
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

20kmpl is possible on poor roads.

It was on a Punto 75 i was driving through village roads and ultra cramped state highway. The village roads were pretty much non existent.

At the end of the round trip (130km) i was surprised to see 20kmpl.
  10. So, what must I be doing wrong? I usually shift around 1.6-1.7k rpm. Rarely drive on half-clutch. But full-AC all the time. My car has done 7000 km now.