1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    City Driving (Linea MJD) - 12.5 to 13 kmpl repeadedly (OMR Chennai) / Hiway - I got 18.5 in last long trip (Yelagiri TFI meet). 1st service just nearing.
  2. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Like I stated in another thread my Linea which weight of 1115 kgs gives me an impressive 16+ kmpl on Mumbai - Pune highway and can extract more if I can control myself (man is it tough to control yourself, she just cruises without you even knowing) and if I drive on the Old Mumbai - Pune highway it will be more than 17+, also the route from Pune to Mumbai is slanted that puts an extra advantage and gives you more. But GUYS as against to what FIAT states as an IDEAL average of 14.6 kmpl, I can beat this average travelling at speed in excess of 120kmph beating the likes of dejiree/swifts/i## and what not other TIN CANS that are found on the roads.

FIAT's are not just TANK like builts, these are TANKS, beautiful state of the art TANKS loaded with FEATURES, easy on the eyes, beauuuuutiful flowing designs, and absolutely in control at any point in time.

1 person likes this.
  3. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    We returned from a trip to Chirala (from Hyd). About 410 KM, one way, given that we took the longer National Highway route. On the way to Chirala, the car delivered an average of 28 KMPL. I had an infant on board, with the AC on and a sedate speed @ 70-80 KMPH. The final 60 KMs were slower and the avg dropped to 25. My dad drives a Ford Fiesta 1.4 diesel and it returned similar figures.

What the forum members say about the Linea on the highway is absolutely true... you just end up loving her more.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fuel efficiency update:
    Model: 1.2 Active
    Trip: Mumbai - Bangalore @ 17.8 KMPL with 100% A/C with 2 adults and 1 kid on board with full of luggage.
    Overall trip : 16.4 KMPL (including city driving at Bangalore.)

Rajeev
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Absolutely true.. even i tried 70 kmph in highway.. it delivered 25KMPL with 60 Kms highway and 35 Kms rough patch road.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fuel economy I am getting is;
    Highway mostly Mumbai - pune express highway - 22kmpl @ 60kmph & 12kmpl @ 175kmph
    City in Pune - 14-18 kmpl @ 30-40kmph
    City in Mumbai - 11-12 kmpl @ 30-40kmph
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rishi,
    would you please elaborate how engine sounds at that top speed 175Kmph,in my car its too much, means the sound @120 Kmph and above @120 Kmph is almost the same(say:-above2500rpm).
    how hard the engine sound is audible @that top speed inside the cabin, any observations ?
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ganges: Its roaring like a sports car..(you will feel like it).:) Kidding...

But at 175kmph, you will hear more wind noise than cars as mine is petrol.
    But you can able to make the difference in car noise & wind noise.

And after touching this speed if you lowered down the speed, you will not able to make it out really your car is running or not.
    No engine noise at all. Smooth than a earlier at lower speeds.

Observations with windows open: Lots of wind noise, no engine noise.
    Observations with windows closed: Lesser wind cutting noise, Tire noise due to the closed cabin & a perfect engine noise like a sports car.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Rishi for the info...
    Thank god yours is petrol...
    In diesel you will go mad with the sounds @that speed:- Engine Sound,Wind noise,Tire noise(differs when on concrete roads and tar roads )....
  10. Gosh those are serious figures u all. Just today i came back from a trip to mumbai , i got 16.5 kmpl overall for 850 odd kms..100% ac..average speed of 64 kms. i get 14.5 in the city with 100% ac . is this figure ok or should i get my car checked at the service centre ? city average speeds are around 19 .