1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Aashish, I am not the only one, you also joined now :p. I achieved 80-90 Km/Hr in 5th gear 2000 RPM:- max 26.5 km/L (45 Km distance)

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Sun, we are comparing with FIAT claimed ARAI (19.9 KMPL) figure and tried to replicate the same in Real world; We are running our CAR with AC, MUSIC and with gear engaged to check maximum.

For Petrol owners, check the 1.4 ARAI:- 14.6 KMPL & 1.2 ARAI:- 15.2 KMPL; I am sure you are getting more than ARAI figure with the gear & velocity combination in Highway. So Don't be disheartened ;), you guys are not far behind from us for mileage perspective as you think..;)
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    In my knowledge, even petrol Punto gives better FE than those i## models..
    2 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    If you scroll through this thread, you will find that many tfians have reported a mileage of around 25 kmpl and more for highway drives..
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    DOnt forget the punto's weight,as compared to the other cars in this segment....
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Ohh Sorry, I didn't check whole thread. Then we can backfired to FIAT for giving us more ( more than 19.9 they claimed) .. ;)
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    No second opinion about that. I can extract 17+ on a decent highway without a drag race but with a very decent average. 16+ is assured but only the dezires(menaka) always come to disturb the punto(viswamitra) from his tapasya(for FE):D
    4 people like this.
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Even TJet returns excellent figures of 21+ on empty highways. On city roads its a different story altogether.
  8. Once i covered 310kms and the needle was nearly touching one division from the mark of full tank. Since the fuel tank was of 45L and there are 6 divisions, 1 division would correspond to almost 7.5L. That's to say my Linea was giving more than 30kmpl. I believed that I'd made a gross mistake in calculating. I was driving at a sedate speed of 60km/hr and that too at noon when the traffic is at its lightest. Now it seems that it is possible!!!
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    my avg from Kanyakumari to blr even when i was constantly doing >130 never dropped below 15 , So i'm very sure that the mileage is accurate
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In a recent long drive of about 220 kms one way, my beauty returned a mileage of 17.5 kmpl. Driving conditions were - 100 % AC, constant speed of @ or above 110 kmph, in few empty stretches did 150 and @ 20 kms of bad roads where had to drive her mostly in 2 gear. Note that my ride has done only about 2000 kms. So I think, shall settle for this mileage