1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Inside Bangalore city, with AC, you can expect around 15kmpl and not much more. But wait till you cross 5000-10000km. It is too early to worry.
  2. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MID values are on lesser side compared to actual (tank full method) for MID<~13kmpl, above that MID is on higher side. At 20 on MID 1Kmpl is the difference.
    Worst milage (tank full method) I got in Bangalore is 11.4Kmpl, best milagage is 20.6 on highway (566Km drive)
  3. someshvar

someshvar Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks, will try that today !!

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

I guess it is around 20Kmph. I know the mileage tends to improve when you move towards higher gear !!

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

That's the only hope !!

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

That's interesting, gotta test it !!

4. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thats true varun.I have done 170s and constant 140s on this road.I have seen even 800s doing 120s here :A. NH 7 is really a boon to south India especially to the tamils:)
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  5. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Highest FE achieved in my T Jet as of today.

Bangalore to Chennai.

Distance Covered:- 303.80 Km (Till Porur)

FE :- 21.6 KMPL;, Average Speed 58 Kmh.

IMG-20120621-00121.jpg IMG-20120621-00123.jpg

Distance Covered :- 336.40 KM (Chennai-Kasi Theatre).

FE :- 20.2 Kmpl.

Full Trip : 685.2 km
    Overall mileage : 18.2 Kmpl

Speed: 70-100 kmph

Load : 1 adult
  6. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    @Rajen: That is just brilliant. How did you manage to achieve this? Share some of your techniques with us.
    The max I've achieved is 16.7, and it was a gentle downhill drive.
  7. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Is there any significant difference in MID milege and milege got in tank-full to tank-full method? I felt MID shows count lesser to the actual value..
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes, their is. I'll always suggest tank-to-tank fill method for it.
    Although MID is pretty much real time. Normally i have found 1/1.5kmpl of difference in figures shown in MID & figures by tank fill method. So don't hesitate to trust on MID figures.
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore

FE mainly depends on your driving style. I travel around 38 kms up and down through CV Raman Nagar road, Old Madras Road and ORR to my office and i depend on MID values. FE hovers anything between 12.5 to 16. That is, there are days when it has gone down as much as 12.5 or even worse and at times my punto has returned up till 16/17. It totally depends on the traffic situation and my driving style. And yes, at times the fuel too. For instance, i always get good FE figures when i fill diesel from an IOC pump next to my office, where as when i fill from a BP station near by my house, the FE tends to be tad lower.
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Got time to upload MID pics now. Have a look...!!

FE.JPG

FE-2.JPG

Duration.JPG

Distance Covered.JPG

Average Speed.JPG

Range.JPG

Instant FE.JPG