1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

It is relatively easy to be calm when the traffic is less, but jokes apart, calmness is a prerequisite for good FE.
  2. vishwas

vishwas

Pune

36 ltrs of petrol went in after 398 km of city driving with 100% AC on
    An avg of about 11 km/lt.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Roy your are very right
  4. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai

My car is now 8 months and 6800+kms old. I'm consistingly getting @14 km/l with 70% AC ON. And I'm driving mostly on highways.
    I remember the very first trip to My Native Place - On the day of delivery - and driven by driver, without AC, has returned average of 16 kms! As it was a brand new car and the driver was very experienced he never went beyond 80km/H. But since then I took the charge of her. Because of the silky smooth 4 Lane road I can not keep her below 80 now :wink: . Result? she has never returned that high average. :mrgreen:
  5. Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Car : Linea Petrol
    Kms run : 19500
    Vintage : 1 year 1 month

City Mileage : 12 to 13 km/litre in non peak chennai traffic
    City Mileage : 9 to 10 km/litre in peak chennai traffic
    Highways : 16.0 km/litre
  6. Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Going to Mysore tomorrow for the first long trip on my brand new Punto :). Might take the Hosur-NICE-SH17 route. Lets see the FE returned tomorrow.
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Njoy your drive to mysore in your Punto
  8. Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

In today trip to Mysore and back,the MID showed an avg consumption of 14.5 over 327 kms with AC on 95 % of the time. Yet to do the calculation using tank full method.The speed was constant at 80-90. Did not want to push it beyond 100 this early. My Punto is 5 days old :-D
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Following Andy's tips to driving for great FE, I kept the rpm around and below 1500 most of the time today and on the morning trip to office through regular city traffic with traffic lights and all, I got an FE of 23.3kmpl without AC. Return in the evening was through heavy rain, low visibility and slow moving traffic. AC was on all the time and overall FE was 20.0kmpl.
  10. arichakra

arichakra

Kolkata

Punto 1.3 Active.
    16.00 KMPL mean FE after 917 KM. 70% city & 30% HW. 50 % AC ON.
    Full tank method. Trip computer shows ~ 17.5 on avarage.
    This includes my own driving style!! (I'm just learner, often drive on 1st & 2nd gear ::V ::V