1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Highest mileage ever achieved by was 23.0 Km/L.:)

This is a pure highway drive with a/c on temp. at 22 on ACC. Never run the vehicle with windows down. Through out the drive kept the revs. between 1700-2000 mark. Speed between 70-80 kmph. Very sedate on accelerator pedal. Now the car clocked 18200 Kms. This is achieved even before 1 st service.

My regular averages are as follows total city drive 13.5~15.0 Km/L.

Mix of city and highway drive 18.0~20.0 Km/L.

Long Highway drives 19.0~ 21.0 Km/L depending on the driving style.

01072011(001).jpg

Sorry, for low quality pic. as was taken from mobile and vehicle in running condition.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    There are several factors -
    1. The traffic condition you face is one of the most difficult condition for FE. You need to get an average of around 20-22kmph to get reasonable FE.
    2. 1500 kms is too early to worry about FE. Things will improve after 5000kms and then again after 10000kms. That was my experience.
  3. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    last night we had trip to Calicut got 21.2kmpl... avg speed was 55km/hr total distance travelled 401km
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yesterday on my Daily commute Route-i managed to extract 26.0(MID figure)Kmpl from the linea over a 55km stretch,the reading was increasing
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    following figures were returned fo my yesterday's journey. (mumbai to pune)
    here are the MID info....

TWO WAY RETURN AVEREAGE FUEL CONSUMPTION--- 14.7 KMPL (BOTH IN CITY AND HIGHWAY DRIVING)

IMG_1099.jpg IMG_1100.jpg

ONE WAY -- 17 KMPL ( HIGHWAY DRIVING WHILE RETURNING FROM PUNE)

IMG_1096.jpg IMG_1097.jpg
  6. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    And yeah that was with air conditioning on!!
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    17kmpl is awesome on the highway! And so is 14.7 combined.

What else can anyone ask for.

Punto does not need a plastic fuel tank nor a 900kg weight to achieve that! :)
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    what u think about gear ratios and milege. some swift owners in the other forum claims that their vehicle does 100kmph around 2200-2300 rpm.. my punto does the same around 2400 rpm.
    but I am getting very good milege in my punto. dont know much about the other car.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    (Today only one person in car and thats me only,Without AC)
    Been for a stretch of
    42.4 Kms ride

Avg.Speed:- 50Kmph(though for few 15 Kms i have done some harsh driving and was stuck in traffic for 2mins)
    Avg consumption :- 29.9 Kmpl
    and this i feel something special with Delvac1 and the acceleration was superb....

and that was awesome till now,though on the same stretch(last week) of 22.4 KM i have got mileage of 34.1 Kmpl it was complete bore driving.

Is there any punto here with such mileage ?:D
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A very tall 5th/6th gear will help in mileage but result in poor driveability. Case in point - 6th gear of Corolla diesel.

A 100 rpm here or there won't make much difference. Both Swift and Punto are good at achieving high fuel eff figures. Even though Punto is heavier.

Even Linea achieves incredible figures for its 1200+kg weight. A full ~120kg heavier than the Swift. But still 23-24 easy on the highway. And no you don't have to drive like a baby to achieve 23-24. Rip it sensibly, it'll return great figures.