1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That's some FE you are getting. I hope you are not loading it on a truck, unload at the destination, start it, check MID, then Yessss!! It only sniffs diesel, It has got 90 KM/ltr & sometimes it also gets 130-140 KM/ltr:irked.
    That would a tankful sufficient for lifetime.
  2. somu_200

somu_200

Hyderabad
    hai ENKI

that is type error
    what he mean to say is 90KMPH average speed and max speed he touched is 130 to 140.. he is claiming the FE of 18 to 19KMPL..
  3. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Punto 1.3 MJD
    Run : 718 km.
    Run Time : 11.14 hours
    Av.Speed / hr : 64 Kmph (In real it's speed 100 kmph. oh highway)
    FE : 20.8 / ltr.
    Car run 35 Km. in Traffic (CITY) and other on Highway with 24 Deg. auto A/C

BR.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    :)
    You pointed out my typo error.... my mistake
    Will take care from here onwards
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    It just crossed my mind, that I should have driven the Punto sedately in one direction and in my usual style (aggressive) on the other. May be, I could have got a better picture and can choose how to drive when required.

This being said, as every other Fiatian, I chose Punto with my heart rather than head.
    So my driving style is based on what my heart says (save time / extract the best or true potential / kitna tez aur achaa chalti hai?) , instead of what my mind says (save fuel / extract the best mileage / kitna deti hai?)

Now I know I didnot mention safety. Its a vast concept IMHO. For now all I can say is I feel safest in my driving seat.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Never mind...I knew it, just trying to have some fun:D

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I bet, you are not in a bigger fix. I tried a weird experiment when tank filled last time. It was like "shoot at sight" emergency i.e. drive as aggressively as possible & get out the worst mileage i had on 90HP. Well guess what, i got my worst mileage of 15.3 KM/ltr during complete tank:up. Wooo...!!

I tried to drive it sedate in city/hwy mix when you drive in metropolis & got 18, 19 & above 20.2. With a mix of aggreesive+sedate = 17 kmpl. Now when i have driven it all out throttle, it still maintaining over 15 km/ltr. Mind it, i only drove sedately when my ankle stating to hurt after extensive throttle job I think it's hardly Rs. 300 - 400 compromise on a tankfull.
    Now pls, i am not suggesting to drive like "Shoot at sight", but you can have fun when you want to. It won't hurt the pocket much,
    but pls drive safe:?!!
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lets Pics Speak.(Two person on board, myselves weighing 95 Kg and my bro's kid 30 Kgs)
    010420121094.jpg
    010420121092.jpg
    010420121093.jpg
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ^^ If it weren't for the pictures, I would have considered it as the joke for this day ;)
    Excellent road conditions I believe :cool:
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    roy,
    thats the reason i posted with the pics.
    Now the thing is that,i had a same strecth road with harsh driving got mileage of 22.4 Kmpl. :) .Hope this doesnt sound as joke :) without pics ::V
  10. muni

muni

Bangalore
    Guys. My 90bhp Punto MJD is hardly managing 12kmpl in Bangalore. The figures quoted by most of the team fiat members are way better than mine. The car has run about 1500Kms. One thing I admit is that I manage an average speed of about 12 to 14Kms per Hour of driving which itself shows how bad the traffic is.

But I have seen people claim around 16Kmpl with this sort of driving conditions too.

Is there something that can be done and I have observed that when I am on 1st or 2nd gear and I press the accelerator pedal normally, the instantaneous mileage hovers around 7 Kmpl.

Is there any setting for the Fuel efficiency that is done at the service centre.

My driving style is pretty normal and I dont rev the engine high nor drive it at higher gear at lower RPM to extract more mileage.

Can the members share some of their tidbits/ gyaan :cool: