1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    This is in continuation to the Post 640

Return journey was more fun to drive cause there was a little bit of scattered traffic. To be honest I donot like empty roads.
    Initially had to slow down cause I had taken a different route which was through the town and the roads at thier worst condition. Stopped for breakfast just before entering the highway.
    While on the highway, I was mostly doing 140kmph and many times at 160kmph. Once at 170kmph and there was a lot of wobbling. So had to restrict myself at 140 and 160kmph.
    After reaching Hyderabad, the traffic transition takes place again bringing reins on to my Punto.

The final statistics were

Total Distance covered (2 way) : 449.1 kms
    Time Travelled in return journey : 3 hrs 15 mins
    Total Time travelled (2way) : 6 hrs 05 mins
    Average Speed (2way) : 73 kmph
    Average fuel consumption : 14.9 kmpl

Overall was very happy to have a long drive after almost 3 months. I will really miss my Punto as I am planned to leave onsite this weekend.

20120324_135529.jpg

20120324_135559.jpg

20120324_135611.jpg

20120324_135621.jpg

20120324_135630.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    14.9 kmpl

thats very lesss
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I feel that's very good FE considering that he was driving @140/160kmph. FE tends to decrease after 100kmph.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    My friend please note that he is constantly doing 140kmph to 160kmph. In this renge this FE is best! Even i had a 300kms. long run with most of the time 120-140kmph range with avg.speed of 76kmph. & i got 15.4kmpl.
    This is a perfect figure w.r.t. speed.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Still thats very lessss
  6. punto

punto

Bangalore
    During my last marathon of 5000 km covering KA- MH - GJ - MH - KA the trip meter showed FE of 16.4 km/l but the manual full tank to full tank computation gave 15.6 km/l. Note that this is with AC ON. I am pretty happy with the FE of my 1.4 fire.
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    No ganges. Let me tell you how. Our Mjd's are very sensitive kinda engines. If you try to drive em with very sedet driving style it'll show you amazing FE. But if you are flooring paddle then it indeed going to drink fuel like a thursty hooligen. Above FE i got in condition of outside temp.40 degrees. & AC on full auto mode at 18degrees.

Some 4 months back while traveling Mumbai-Pune to & fro i got the best of FE from my Linea i.e. 24kmpl with AC on 20 degrees. Although i was doing constant 100 to 120kmph i wasen't flooring peddle with heavyfoot. I was using most of the momentom of car & was driving on light foot.

Whereas this 300kms drive was a tight sheduled drive where i was flooring peddle to the metal like hell. Trust me i was expecting 12kmpl as the way i drove but it turns out to higher than that with 15.4kmpl. In This whole drive i did heavy breaking, a lot of hurry to keep my car above 120kmph. I was shifting every gear almost at 3 to 4k rpm. As i was trying to stay with my family member's BMW X1. After every breaking my throttle was like 0-120kmph shoot out.

Looking at such heavy foot, i'll say i'm satisfied that my car still gave me 15.4kmpl!! I'm totally happy with that.
    If you still think its low then its your call mate. But i don't see anything wrong in that atall.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tron(in 3D),
    (Tron movie is good to watch only in 3D :))
    You explained well in 3D and i'm fully satisfied with the fuel consumption what you got under those harsh conditions...

for me the same drive gave me 18-19 Kmpl(No AC,good road conditions NH-4 (from sankeshwar to dharwad))
    the average speed was 90 Kmpl and most of time 130-140 Kmpl
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    humm, kalale ho sangalikar :-D ....those are nice figures you achived. But try to drive her in kinda harsh manner you'll get the whole picture front of you.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I got 20 yesterday during my 100 km drive that was a mix of city and highway.