1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. elaramvani

elaramvani Novizio

Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
    Linea 1.4
    Is it so, for good mileage??

Amazing or Bluff

My friend claims that, when in long drives even in full auto HVAC control if the vehicle go beyond 100 and upto 120 kmph gives good mileage. Amazing. Any of our forum member have come across this phenomenon?
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Total town drive(2 nd and 3 rd Gear):- 13 to 15 Kmpl (with A/C)
    Highest I have ever seen in total highway drive:- 23.6 Kmpl (with A/C)
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My overall trip of KONKAN 687 KMS :-gave me 18 kmpl
    on regular roads 22 kmpl
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

After second service of my car I am getting whooping 17 kmpl (16.8 - 17.2 to be more accurate) in City with auto climate control on (although now a days in Bombay the climate is cold hence don't know if this is also driving my FE up). The car has also become more rev friendly. I think change of all those filters and oil change has made this difference
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    320kms trip. cng average 23km/kg.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Just got some astonishing mileage figures. Actually a random thought came into mind "let's check FE of my 90 HP Punto & decided to drive it as sedate as possible". I chose a 4 round trips of an 8Kms stretch with one flyover on each side & 2 speed breakers. Stats as below
    1. Total distance covered was 29.1 Km with four rounds.
    2. Total 8 Flyovers (each with the length of 1 Km tentatively with steep inclination of 45 deg) & 16 speed breakers
    3. Average speed was 31 KM/hr
    4. Total travel time came around 56 mins
    5. Didn't touch the accelerator at all.
    6. Had to slow down & down shift while taking 14 U-Turns during round trip.
    7. Total FE achieved was 32.5 Km/ltr.

Pics attached for reference for all the above mentioned stats.

Photo654.jpg Photo649.jpg Photo650.jpg Photo651.jpg Photo652.jpg Photo653.jpg

Some of the conclusions:

1. Engine Run-in concepts are just rubbish & illusions for me. I have been ripping it from very 1st Km:mrgreen:.
    2. Had there been no Flyovers, speed breakers & U-Turns, 38-40 Km/pl was easy!!. My instantaneous mileage was settling down at a consistent 43-46 Km/pl @38kmph@5th Gear:drinks.
    3. The car has done 10670 Kms & filters are choked. Oil change is due for 2nd service:cool:.
    4. You can roam around from 9.00 A.M. to 9 P.M. any day with 7-8 ltr Ltr of diesel in Punto 90 HP with conditions like "don't touch the accelerator & there should be floating traffic with no Jams:dancing!"
    5. One may cover around 1500 Kms/tank-full in a Punto 90 HP with the conditions mentioned in Sr. No.4. It is showing already the range as 488 Kms with 1/3 rd of tank-full. At one time it was also showing 543 Kms::OO. That would make it bloody unbelievable with 1700 Kms/tank-full so not mentioning that.
    6. The driver info display is not only exact for FE only but also bingo for other details too. I covered 29.1 Kms in 56 mins. That would be around 31 Km in 1 Hr. That's exactly what my average speed is:up.
    7. It bored the hell out of me during those 29.1 Kms:rage.
    2 people like this.
  7. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

We had trip to Moovattupuzha yesterday..took around 3.15 hr(due to less traffic in the early morning). Return was few hours later and took 4hrs.
    Total 430kms and FE shown in the MID is 17.2km/l(with 100% AC).. Our Punto crossed 13k and getting ready for the second service. Hope FE increase further after the service
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  8. A week back I had travelled from Kannur to Kochi.. almost around 300 kms and I got avg consumption of 23.6 kmpl and the first time in 2-1/2 yrs, drove without A/C since I had severe cold..... :)
  9. xler

xler Novizio

Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
    Linea 1.3
    On a long drive Indore - Malegaon - Shirdi - Pune - Kolhapur - Belgaum - Hubli - Honnavar - Kollur - Honnavar - Madgaon - Honnavar - Hubli - Belgaum - Pune - Shirdi and back to Indore the DIS returned 20.9 kmpl. I started this journey with about 1100kms on the Odo. It was a round trip of about 3400 kms. Average speed 49 kmph. Driving at speeds ranging from 80 to 100 kmph
    Of late on my Indore - Pithampur (NH3) daily runs she is returning 21 kmpl. Driven sedately - 70 to 90 kmph band.
    All figures with 100% AC.
  10. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently done 800 KM - Pune - Amalner (Dhule) - Pune
    FE - 22 KMPL (10 % AC)

Route - Pune - Ahmadnagar - Shirdi - Manmad - Malegaon - Dhule - Amalner